why did i test positive and my partner didn't?

Posted , 95 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with hsv 2 last week, my partner tested negative.  I dont understand that how is it possible that i only have it? we had unprotected sex for a month. We are both depressed.  I feel disgusted with myself for having this. We care about eachother alot but i do not want to give him this nasty disease. Were both saddened by not being able to be with eachother. How do people continue to have a sex life if u can always transmit the disease? ?

5 likes, 165 replies

165 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Quick question.....

I have a history of hsv1 oral herpes from childhood. Recently I have been dealing with small skin colored bumps that cover my whole top lip but they are not painful, don't pop or ooze any liquid. They went away after literally two days but I now have white patches on my left tonsil so I am wondering if this is std related.

Is it possible for me to have contracted oral herpes from hsv2 as well or would hsv2 only be able to infect my genitals since I am already used to oral hsv1 herpes( confirmed diagnosis from childhood btw)

Basically can I have 2 types of oral herpes?

I know that hsv2 is almost exclusively found in the genitals but I just want to know.

Also can I have an hsv1 oral herpes outbreak AND an hsv2 genital outbreak at the same time. ( both types affecting different areas at the same time)

• Posted

Hi, I'm going to dive right in. I was informed through a fake page on FB that my fiance had been cheating on me at work and gave a girl HSV-2. She came clean and said they started having sex in October of last year while i was pregnant. She said she went and got tested Dec 18th, they did a swab and she was positive. I immediately went and got tested, they did a urine test, and it was negative, but he did give me chlaymida. She says that she has a outbreak every week. I went this week to get a blood test. She said he never had a outbreak, but she is positive she got it from him. Please help, is there a way I can still be negative?

• Posted

Hello,

You can not find out whether you have Herpes via a urine test. A normal STD test don't show herpes because they don't look for it. If you want to know you get a culture test so that they can look for herpes antibodies....

• Posted

I have been having tingling in the tongue and lips. decided to go get checked and my Igm tested negative 0.7 while my Igg tested positive which is 21.7. i haven't had any breakout before. I'm so confused. should i do another test

• Posted

Hello everyone, i can only imagine how you all feel as I am going through this experience as well. I just wanted to step in and share that if any of you are having questions/difficulties with your meds I am a HCP and can help answer any questions about the antivirals ❤️

• Posted

hello i recently tested positive for hsv2. My results came back as a low positive 3:89 so they retested for supplemental positive test and that came back negative which is driving my crazy because i domt understand any of this! so am i positive or negative?

• Posted

I am actually disgusted by the comments here. first of all, you don't have to sleep around to get herpes most times you get STDs in relationships because you trust your partner. You need to stop saying things like " my boyfriend told he cheated while he was in the relationship " to justify feeling bad for yourself. Herpes is not a life sentence and it's a skin infection there nothing nasty about it but social media made you believe this. you guys should be the last ones calling a skin virus that you have "nasty" all because you are angry because you guts are setting up y'all selves to believe you are unloved and "nasty". I have had herpes for ten years and I knew nothing about it prior. when I was diagnose my doctor casually told me "you have herpes" I did not freak out because I did not know about the virus. she told me to tell my partner and that every is fine. I started being depressed and feeling sorry for myself when I started seeing people say bad things about the virus and making fun of it online. Now, I have grown used to it. Before biggest fear was contracting HIV even in a relationship and even when I was not in relationships, after a relationship I use to test. I am healthy with no other STDs and I take care of my health I don't sleep around which I did not do before but I believe my second boyfriend gave it to me and it was in my body for more than a decade before my first reaction. I have an incurable skin infection so what? The only way you can escape not being infected with anything is to not have any human contact. sometimes people like about their status too. Take care of y'all selves and stop talking down on a virus that is not the worst or life threatening virus a human being could get.

• Posted

The fact that you called the skin virus "nasty" when is far from that shows how upset you are. I suggest you read articles from professional health sites and not post on social media that is making you feel this way. Anyone can get herpes because its transferable through skin to skin contact. some people have the virus for years with no outbreak (like me ). I had my first major outbreak after more than a decade ten years ago. I have good health and yes, I have skin virus but I still have good health and I am not unclean or nasty. herpes is not the worst disease out there the media made you believe that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.