Why did you get a knee replacement?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Why did you get a knee replacement and at what age? Was the pain unbearable or walking impossible? Do your knees look the same or they have a different appearance?

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oct 2017. 6 months ago. Age 70. Had arthritis and bone spurs. I'm in more pain now than before. My surgeon won't admit that something could be wrong. Maybe a twisted ligament since I've had this pain since the day of surgery. Had 3 months of PT.. I limp terribly. Going for a second opinion. Had a c t scan. Get results Thurs. My surgeon claims it's a pinched nerve in my back. Yes my right knee is 3x the size of my left. Also told the implant should have been smaller. I'm only 5' , 140 lbs. I'm miserable. I was very active, loved golf, now not sure I can play anymore.

• Posted

I’m so sorry to hear this😥 It sucks that something didn’t go right and now you’re in so much pain and can’t do the things you used to. I really hope they’ll be able to see what’s wrong in your scan and that the problem is fixable. Fingers crossed that you’ll be able to play golf again. Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Maria had TKR 6 weeks ago had to have a manipulation last week for scar tissue I am 52 yrs old and used to jump out of planes (82nd airborne) I hope at 22 there is another option for you. TKR is a serious surgery and it is a lot of hard work to get back to were you need to be. Good luck to you and there is some good information on the Web try Google to find out more

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.