Why do I feel alone when I am not alone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there why do I feel alone when I have people around me most of the time what should I do about this

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

listen to your people. My family are so important to me. They see me every day and know what I'm going through. Without them i would be truly lost

• Posted

Can you say more abut what makes you feel alone? I feel like that from time to time as well, and that would be because I am too tired to follow what is going on, or because my world is so different from that of healthy people.

• Posted

Think it's to do with my cfs knowing that people don't see the different in you they just think that u don't want to work ect when you do but can't

• Posted

It is truly exasperating when people do not GET this..I do not know any ME person who wouldn't do just about anything to get their previous lives back!

• Posted

We call it ME - CFS is something else, a kind of burn out ness. Some docs call it post viral syndrome.

• Posted

It is physio aimed specifically at neurological conditions. There is also (GET) Graded exercise therapy a structured exercise programme to gradually increase exercise tolerance.

• Posted

GET is notorious for making people worse. You cannot exercise your way out of ME

• Posted

Dr. John K Chia is a CDC doc who specializes in CFS/ME writing extensively about the viral infection that causes the illness. Check him out.

• Posted

Until they come up with a cure for the virus that causes the symptoms, any amount of physical activity can cause a flare up of symptoms. it sounds like another way to push us to "try" another opportunity for disappointment after another effort at a suggested "way" to improve falls flat and it takes a week to recover.

• Posted

Is it a particular virus or one of many that can produce the same effects ?

Way back I had a similar condition that lasted for a year after having had Flu.

• Posted

When I had it in 1970 it was called Yuppie Flu and it lasted for over a year. As always I was ahead of the game and of course doctors did not beleive it 😃

Now:

Yuppie Flu. Yuppie flu is one of a number of names given to the condition of general malaise and fatigue accompanied by various troublesome infections which results when the body for one reason or another becomes chronically run down. The condition is known also as chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.