Why do I feel alone when I am not alone

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there why do I feel alone when I have people around me most of the time what should I do about this

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Michael -

Since most of us are suffering in one way or the other, it is difficult to feel communicative when life is going on for others around you at a different pace.

You must constantly evaluate the amount of energy you think you'll expended, just to focus and be as "with it" cognitively, (as others might expect) or having crashed and burned previously, repeatedly, in social settings and had to make explanation of your unpredictable behavior, you may subconsciously be avoiding social interaction as a self-protective behavior.

You may seem to be, or feel okay, but quickly be exhausted, for no good reason, and just making it one minute to the next. What if you had friends over and you had a system crash? Excuses and a quick exit! What fun you must be to be around?

You may "look" okay, your next "up" moment, but in your body and mind, you know things could change in a flash, and you'll need to be horizontal physically, and you'd be "out to lunch" mentally.

The fear of being out of control in a social setting and operating in a somewhat "normal", but always short-lived, time of functional living, can make you not really want to interact with others. It gets tiring to have to explain if you are not feeling well or you're not up to an activity, task, or dialog.

I have had one faithful, ever present, Comforter for Whom I don't need to be, nor does He expect me to be, anything but my honest, suffering-and-living-life- as-best-as- I-am-able, self. He knows me better than I know myself and He uses my time alone with Him to reflect on, and accept my circumstances in light of all He has blessed me with in this life, and what is in store for me for eternity.

I know Him, because I have come to know and love His Son, Jesus The Messiah, God loves me, forgives my trespasses, indwells me with The Holy Spirit, gives me peace that passes understanding, and promises, when this body dies, my soul will live with Him in a new, glorified, pain-free body, for all of eternity!

While you're trying to understand human frailty and why you are feeling alone, look inwardly and ask yourself if you are confident in trusting you own answers to life's struggles, you life's end, and what you really know is afterwards for you.

Thousands of years ago, a Godly man wrote great advice for all of us: Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In ALL of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct (orchestrate) your life's path!

Jesus said: I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life!

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO ..........GAIN!!

• Posted

I feel alone when I don't get to talk to people who really understand me. I'm lucky to have three close friends who get me, two have chronic diseases, so they get that too. But they aren't always available due to their work or illnesses (2 i talk to maybe once a month). I feel like some of my family members think I just have depression or deconditioning. Its hard to make my Mom adjust her expectations of me, but shes slowly getting it. One of the reasons I signed on to this website is to communicate with others who have similar struggles.

I hope you are able to talk to someone about what you are going through. Sometimes family can be helped to understand better. I don't know your situation but i hope you get whatever it is you need to feel less lonely.

• Posted

I lost all my friends over my cfs apart from one who helps me on my car and if I want a chat but he works full time so I try not to worry him my mum and me don't get on so we have not spoken for 5 years my gf mum is good to me and we spoke about the old days but as I come from a gypsy family it's hard to me to live in a house but I do have a caravan in the back garden but it's not the same and as my cfs is getting worse I had to give up work and now I am on pip and I feel that my independence is going out the window as I am on 10 + tablets a day if I had a friend who has cfs then I think it would be good for me

• Posted

The problem with Me/cfs friends is that we all have trouble getting around, so it is mostly online friendship but that can work too!

• Posted

I've been searching for a forum to discuss with fellow CFS/ME sufferers how they are facing the daily challenges of living with their illness in positive and helpful ways. If others are willing to discuss their circumstances honestly and share hope in the midst of poorly understood and outrageously confusing medical and pseudo-medical treatments being offered, it would be a real blessing and comfort that I'm not ALONE!

• Posted

Loneliness can be a cruel side effect of our illness. Your ability to reach out and connect with fellow sufferers can give you some balance and a desire to endure. I've lost most of my friends and all of my hobbies and interests as a result of the inability of being consistent with their expectations of a relationship. We can't predict or plan for clarity or the energy it takes to maintain ongoing communication, or shared activities. I'd love to have others who understand what I endure as touchstones on reality.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.