Why do I wake up with abdominal pain every day

Posted , 28 users are following.

Every morning I wake up with left abdominal and back pain, it's located between my spine around to my navel. The pain is in the exact same place every morning and wakes me from my sleep, iv had it for 6 years now had various tests and nothing has helped. I get depressed too and I think it's linked to waking up in agonising pain every day. It gos away once iv been up and about for an hour or so, and it's only in a morning I get it. If I take a deep breath it becomes a sharp throbbing pain... I have also recently after 4 years of telling my doctor I have endometriosis, been diagnosed with endometriosis!!! Could it be affecting my bowels? I am lost as to what options I have left, and swing in roundabouts of depression because of it!! Please help

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I have the same pain for several years now to till 2 weeks ago it got worst and it made me fatigue week and lots of dizziness, oh and very nauseas. And now I've been in the hospital for two weeks today and they still can not find we're the pain is coming from. Today the Sergeon will come and talk to me about sergery options a laparoscopic exploratory or a full invasive exploratory man this is so frustrating and scary at the same time! I wish I had some good news to tell you but at this point I'm in your same shoes. Have a bless day!
    • Posted

Hi, i am suffering from same issue. May I know what was the diagnosis and how are you now? How is it got treated. Thanks 
  • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply... I had a laparoscopy about 3 weeks ago and asked them because of where the pain is, could they look in the area I'm feeling the chronic pain but they said no just looking at the uterus and what have u!!! I was so mad and they don't listen and think I'm a hypochondriac!!! Please keep intouch I'm so glad ur having the surgery wish I was coz I do anything to stop this pain and wake up normally again... Let me know smile good luck and have a lovely day x
  • Posted

Hi and thanks for your reply, yes I am female 28 this year iv had all the scans done but due for an MRI soon so hopefully something will show up (nothing bad I hope) Iuts worse nearer to my period and also noticed chocolate makes it worse... I think... X
  • Posted

I know this post is a year old but curious if you figured out relief from this. I wake up every morning with lower back and abdominal pain, very sharp and when I breath it hurts as well. Seems to go away when I get up and go to the bathroom. I'm told it's related to my IBS but this shouldn't be normal. (Ironic I have endometriosis as well and sept 2015 had it removed) another painful experience. I've been tested for many things and nothing has shown up. I've had this pain for about 2 years and personally just linked it to my overflow consitpation I was diagnosed with when I had a colonoscopy (mind you I'm 25 years old) .

• Posted

Im 24 years old and I have suffered with this pain in the morning for several years now. When it first started they did blood tests to check if i was allergic to any other foods. I have been diagnosed Celiac. Over the years i have become more sensitive to fatty foods and when i eat say gluten free pizza at pizza hut. My sleep pattern is ruined and my stomach pain is at its very worst. I also suffer with very bad anxiety and that makes my stomach pain worse. I too have had 3 operations for endometriosis and large cysts of 11 cms wide. These operations happened in a 1 1/2 year period whilst i was away as a missionary from home. I remember waking up one night with pain feeling like i was going to die. It was that bad. The ambulance service refused to send an ambulance to me!! Anyway this pain that you are all feeling can be debilitating. I have to take time of work with my IBS, anxiety and endometriosis pain. But we cant run faster than we have strength.

The way we can get rid of the pain is by exercising, eating very healthy (no fats and processed sugars) and drinking water, herbal teas like peppermint and camomile. Swimming is the best even if you just do half an hour of breat stroke.

This is the best medicine I promise you. You may not get better straight away but you will notice improvements to your health. Try it for a month and let me know how you got on.

• Posted

Hi it's Sam regarding my morning abdominal pain and endometriosis.... still suffering and no diagnosis 😢 9 years I've had it now have u found any relief ??? Xx

• Posted

Hi Chloe and everyone suffering abdominal pain. I'm sorry that you are in pain and suffering with little help from health professionals, 

You say don't eat any fats, this is incorrect advice and can lead to gallbladder problems and even removal, you need your gallbladder. 

the one thing I noticed on this forum is no one is talking about what they eat...... this is why you are sick, it's diet. I can help you. im cured of IBS, PAIN, HEARTBURN. 

if you get this msg could you reply with info on what you eat and drink. I would like to help. 

• Posted

Temporary relief of pain after a bowel movement, is a normal symptom of IBS.
    • Posted

Food does not affect my IBS; my IBS is entirely stress related.  Not everone has food reactions because we all exoerience IBS differently.
    • Posted

Hi smile

So I see a dietician and I had the camera up my bottom. I don't eat diary now! So I am gluten free and Diary free but I find my stomach aches are the same.

I have two jobs at the moment and I find my stomach aches are just as bad as they were.

I am also gaining weight around my lower stomach because I have a 9-5 sit down job and my other job is a singing teacher.

I found that when i made time for exercise I felt a lot better? Also I have started to cut out a lot the gluten free cakes and treats that I have been snacking on. 

I tend to eat live yoghurt and fruit with gluten free fibre for breakfast now. But thats only been recent. I've not always been that good

What do you suggest?

I really think I need to take some enzyme tablet? My brother suffers with IBS and other bowel issues so maybe I can do what he does. He has to exercise a lot and eat really well. I just lack motivation sometimes especially when I'm tired.

But we have to do it guys and im glad I know im not a lone in this world smile 

• Posted

Hi, please tell me you found some answers.. I'm an American living in Germany and sufferine same things! 25 years old (also served a mission, but in England, Manchester..but I didn't have those problems then!). Docs in the states thought endometriosis, I had a CAT scan and tons of tests and without the laproscopy they couldn't be sure so they gave me the Mirena IUD..that helped with uterus pain but this left abdominal stuff is a different ball game. Maybe it's fatty foods... Or maybe it's endo doing something to my colon? Please share any insight!!

• Posted

Endometriosis can only be confirmed by laparoscopy.  Ask your doctor for this investigation and then you will know one way or other.  Endos can stick to your bowel with endometriosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.