Why does by heart rate go up and down

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 15 and have been told it is only anxiety but my heart rate is 66bpm before bed but then it was 205bpm going to the doctors. I was told to have an health check in the hospital but the took blood tests and ecgs and they came back but I'm still having concerns about my chest. At the moment my Bpm have go to 140 and I'm wondering if I have a problem because I am really concerned with chest tightness, dizziness and thinking of how bad I'm going to get. Can anyone help please?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I urge you to revisit your doctor your only 15 and with all this going on sounds as if you are very worried. Explain everything to your doctor, what your experiencing and how its making you feel. Those symptoms you have describe could may well be caused by anxiety. As they do sound like they are. If your blood tests and ecg we're all good then this is some reassurance that your okay. Do you suffer with anxiety? Do you think that you might? What are you usually doing when this high heart rate comes on. I think you should see you doctor again just for peace of mind and reassurance.

Good luck ☺

• Posted

Thank you Emma I have seen a doctor and they said its anxiety but sent me to the hospital as reassurance but I do think I have anxiety because when I worry or think of my chest hurting when it does it gets quicker so I think over thinking and anxiety is doing the hassle

Thank you Emma

• Posted

Yes i was thinking sounds very much like anxiety, although I don't suffe with it myself I know man that do. Some have medication to improve it, and some people find other ways to help it, such as relaxation techniques or something as simple as having somebody to talk to about it, hope you can find something that helps you ☺
  • Posted

listen to emma ross she gave some good advice if everything is ok yes it sounds like anxiety and "white coat syndrome" my husband doesnt suffer anxiety but when ever he goes to the doc his pulse goes through the roof. since being on here i have realised there are so many young people going through anxiety but its good in a way because you can open up and share your feelings years ago there would be a stigma for anxiety depression  ect but people realise it is an illness and I really feel for younger people today because of the world I think you guys are under so much pressure. can you get your mum and dad to go with you to the doctors/ and i would agree with emma there are so many alternative therapies you could do rather than go on meds at an early age
    • Posted

Thank you sue I have be sent for a physiological doctor and they said it is weeks rather than months
    • Posted

thats good ross I know since ive been on this site ive read so many posts from younger people like your self i could cry for you as you should be enjoying life but there are so many young ones I think life is so harsh now for the younger generatin to cope with but looking back when i was your age i was going through the same thing but nothing was ever talked about but i find its good that yourself and others can talk about it and get the help early I hope you get the help you need my love 

• Posted

Hi Ross, you are pretty much like me, I'm 23 and just last week I picked my daughter up and my heart rate shot up obviously I panicked and called an ambulance my heart rate was 140bpm so yours being 205 must have frightened you. I have the same fear about my heart and the doctors just say it's anxiety all the time. If you are still concerned and it's causing you more worry than good go back to doctor and ask to be referred to a cardiologist they will run some more tests and hopefully give you peace of mind that it is just anxiety. I'm going through a cardiologist right now as I can't believe It's anxiety but if they tell me it is after tests then I will have to believe that and get myself the help I need! We can't live in fear everyday it's not fair if you feel more tests would ease your mind go for it then you can love how you want to!! If you ever want to talk feel free to message me I don't mind at all. Take care and relax you will be ok
  • Posted

Does anyone also get figity like as if you drank too much coffee
    • Posted

Yes, I do!

It's very annoying when it happens but as I know it's anxiety-related I wait for it to pass. I go and lie on my bed with a book, or listen to relaxing music. Both those strategies work for me.

• Posted

Does anxiety increase heart rate without noticing. I have an reliable app recommended and it is 145bpm now and then so I wondering if this is normal without a panic attack just stressed about my chest.
    • Posted

Ross, I think you just answered your own question.

You said that you were stressed - and yes, this very definitely increases your heart rate.

love Tess

• Posted

Thanks tess it's going at 66 Bpm it's very confusing but it's a little concern under 60bpm so it's not a concern just worried of it going too high or too low but the doctors must be correct and it is very unlikely at my age to have a heart problem.

• Posted

You're an athlete - very slow heart rates are usual in people who are physically fit.

I'd chuck out whatever you're using to tell you your heart rate 24/7 - it's only making you more anxious!

• Posted

I'm a person who is quite fit play sport regularly and play football often and I will tess thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.