Why does by heart rate go up and down

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 15 and have been told it is only anxiety but my heart rate is 66bpm before bed but then it was 205bpm going to the doctors. I was told to have an health check in the hospital but the took blood tests and ecgs and they came back but I'm still having concerns about my chest. At the moment my Bpm have go to 140 and I'm wondering if I have a problem because I am really concerned with chest tightness, dizziness and thinking of how bad I'm going to get. Can anyone help please?

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Today it went down to 5
    • Posted

52 Bpm sorry but went up to 145bpm is this a concern I should be worried about or is this normal with anxiety?
    • Posted

No, don't be concerned - this is normal with anxiety. You've had all the right tests and were told there's nothing wrong with your heart. I know it's hard, but it would help you to stop obsessing about your heart rate.
    • Posted

You'd be dead if your heart was only five times a minute.
    • Posted

Ross, have you talked with your parents about this - or a school counsellor - or a teacher you trust - or your minister if you belong to a church?

I think you need to share these worries with somebody - parents would be best, as long as feel you can share this with them.

I  have four children and at various times in all their lives they've come to me, distressed about something or other. It always helps to share your feelings with somebody you trust. xx

• Posted

If you were checked out and cleared just stop thinking about it is the first thing you have to do to stop it. I know it's easier said then done but just remember every time you feel anxious just know it's anxiety and the doctors cleared you. The best way to make you anxious is checking your BP all the time and thinking its a serious problem. I would get on YouTube and search breathing techniques for anxiety / and meditation for anxiety. When you do them daily you will notice an improvement. I would also try to eat a lot of green vegetables as the magnesium helps with lowering anxiety which will help with racing heart. I used to have the same exact problem aswell.. But once you learn to breath and control your anxious thoughts and thinking it will improve and eventually go. Also any stimulant like weed/energy drinks/Sugar/caffein will cause a higher heart rate so stay away from those things until you improve.
  • Posted

Why is my heart rate stay 63-69bpm while resting is it too low?
  • Posted

Do u guys ever feel like your heart is fluttering a lot or skipping a beat as your falling asleep
    • Posted

I get it when waking up or going to bed. But mostly after eating... I was told its gas due to big meals or not chewing properly.
    • Posted

I've never had it from eating.... It's weird it's when I'm dozing off I feel like flutters
    • Posted

I see. My body does something similar.. When I'm anxious and I'm about to fall asleep my body will do something to wake me up... Be it a bodily jerk / spasm / palpitation. I think it's your body saying.. Their is danger.. Don't fall asleep. (Your flight or fight mode is on)

For me Taking a magnesium supplement before bed helps for me to calm down and get to bed as its a relaxant mineral and it helps with my palpitations and overall stress levels. Also rescue remedy helps prevent these symptoms of anxiety and helps your body calm down. Good luck I hope you get better.

• Posted

Hi heat Ive seen a couple of times people reccommend the magnesium and strangely enough when i was on the internet looking for suppliments the magnesium pooped up again what does it do please 

• Posted

It's a sedative mineral that helps with relaxation / stress / muscle,heart,nerve function. It's well researched that if your deficient in magnesium your more likely to be stressed and anxious. Me personally.. Back in 2011 when anxiety hit my life... I had the worst chest pains and painfull heart palpitations all day everyday. When I started supplementing with magnesium my anxiety improved 40-60% and the chest pains and heart palpitations didn't hurt and they didn't occur as often. Magnesium helps with nerves and muscles and anxiety usually manifests it's pain in the muscles .. Which is why we can get chest pain. It's the best supplement for anxiety. I would also get a high quality stress b complex for lowering stress and anxiety .. And a good multivitamin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.