Why does it take so long to treat anxiety!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've had big progress in the last 9 weeks on citalopram, but then i get my period and I feel full of anxiety again! I know things are improving, but I need constant reassurance that it is normal for it to take this long to recover?

0 likes, 144 replies

144 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just remember all the progress you've made . I apprecaite you sharing your progress. What are some of the positives you've seen so far? 

• Posted

There were point that anxiety was so high I couldn't sit still I never slept, I was barely eating and I hated to be home alone(not really alone just me n kids). Now I'm living my life normally just with moments or days of anxiousness here n there.

• Posted

I am so glad you mentioned the aloneness, I felt exactly the same I only felt okay and even then a bit tetchy when hubby was home. This forum is so reassuring 
    • Posted

hi leticia

what were your symptoms of anxiety?

Did you try any other anti depressants before citalopram?

• Posted

I felt like that a few weeks ago I ended up having a panic attack and got taken to hospital with chest pains iam on nicotine patches too so more things going on as well so I've just stopped taking my citalapram tablets now cant deal with the side effects

• Posted

I was talking to a friend of mine whos a nurse n he was saying I should feel better by now and maybe I need to add an extra medication which just made me feel horrible and more anxious hard to stay patient when everything online seems to say they take 4-6 weeks 😭

• Posted

Yes..first thing that came out of my phychiatrist mouth..that was after I fired my GP.gp.dont have a clue about ssris ..they should be ban from prescribing ssris..so the answer is yes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.