Why I am so depressed, is it getting worse?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am a 17 year old teenager and It feels like I am stuck in time. I can't shake this. My depression is getting worse. I didn't go to school the other day because I simply woke up with the worst feeling ever. I feel like there is no point to life anymore. I have lost all of my friends. All I have left is my boyfriend. I don't want too lose him because of my depression. I recently started a new job at a nursing home and they have me working full time AND I have school. I feel like this shadow is stuck over me and like there is no point to live. No I am not suicidal but, I'm tired of doing the same routine everyday, I am tired of waking up. I keep having major mood swings and everytime I try to tell my mom about my depression she makes a joke out of it and does not take it seriously. I don't know what much else there is too do. I feel like I'm running out of options. I feel like I don't want to do this anymore. It's like a constant fight with myself everyday. I hate it. This is not the person I should be and this is not who I used too be. I want me back and it feels as if a black hole has swept me away and now I am left here lost and trying to figure out who I am. I feel like it am doing something wrong in life and I don't know what....why can't I just be happy. I don't even have motivation too wake up in the morning and go to school. I am scaring myself. I am embarrassed and scared of the future and I just need help please....

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

yeah, that's another issue why i thought you'd need your mother. Let me ask you something and be truthful with me Bowling. When you tell her this, how are you presenting the matter to her. For instance. Is it like jokingly or just a passing comment. Remember, depression is a serious decease. I can tell you feel embarrassed about it so you have to tell someone but make sure you tell the right person that you trust. Can your boyfriend help you financially? Just make sure that you are telling your mother in a very serious manner. That would be to approach her, tell her sit down mother I have something to discuss with you and its a very serious matter and I need your undivided attention....Ok something like that way.
  • Posted

I pass comments too her, or I'll just walk out of my room and I'll be crying and tell her why I am depressed. She either gets angry or makes jokes. My bf is recentl searching for a new Job so I'm not sure if he could help me financially. I can try sitting down with my mother and talk to her fully about it but I'm scared she will judge me or joke around again
  • Posted

What does she get mad about? Does she know it's about her bf? anyway I'm done for tonight hun. Just get yourself to a Dr. Goodnight and take care of yourself
  • Posted

She gets mad because she says that I am spoiled and I have everything. And okay take care thank you goodnight.
  • Posted

I woke up today feeling like I hVe a different perspective on things. I am looking at things different, in a good way. I feel like I have to admire every little thing. I'm not quite sure what this is or how long it'll last. It's a weird feeling. Is it normal too feel this way?
  • Posted

I am 17 and i have been suffering from depression for a year and a half now. don't be scared to go to the doctors! i know from experience how hard it is! i was so low, i cut myself a lot, i left school and i lost a lot of my friends, and like you the only person i could turn to was my boyfriend. i promise you that if you go to the doctors they will be supportive and they can refer you for free counseling. don't be scared to tell them how you feel because there is help out there you can get, don't give up! when i was at my worst i didn't want to listen to people telling me it would get better because it felt like it never would. but it does, it definitely gets better. it will take time but it will get better. don't feel scared or embarrassed about being depressed. it is completely understandable and a legitimate illness and any health professional will take it seriously. you can go to the GP by yourself , you do not need an adult. whatever you tell the doctor is completely confidential and your mum does not need to know. i know how difficult it can be to talk to parents or anyone about being depressed, and maybe the easiest thing would be to show your mum. next time you are crying go to your mum because when she sees how much you are hurting she will be able to believe you and help you. of course this is much easier said than done and it all takes a lot of time but think about it, if you think about you are one step closer to action. i hope that this helps you but don't feel pressured by anyone, least of all me, to do anything. do what you want in your own time to get better. sending you positive thoughts and i really hope that you will be able to get out of this soon. i wouldn't wish depression on anyone! there is a way out! have faith in yourself and remember who you can be!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.