Why I suddenly have more burning/acid reflux/gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

My doctor said that I may have gastritis. This happend about one months ago. I was taking H2 blocker and then some ppi, not working. Now 5 days ago he prescribed dexilant. All seems better with diet change, but last night, suddenly feels very acidic all night, including this morning. Even with Dexilant couldn't help the slight burn in my chest or throat. I wonder if this is gastritis flare up and how long does anyone know would this go away?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for everyone's reply and info.

Last night, I had another episode of lots of acid burning in my stomach and have it going up my chest . I woke up at midnight. I was surprised, because this time, I don't think I was eating anything new ( except very little white rice, which I was eating the day before and nothing happend)...and I was eating every 2 to 3 hours, even during night time.

Is there anyone out there that has gastritis or ulcer, and they have been doing everything consistent, and everything seems all calm again and then sudden attack of acid burning, especially during night time that seems to come out of no where?

I really don't know what to do , been battling with this for over one month( calm for 1 or 2 days, then the struggle again ) and seem to get no where....any info or comment or experience would be so helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.