Why is this so hard?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been on Mirtazapine since January and have been trying to come off it for a month I’m finally down to 11.25mg since last night and I’m  questioning whether I’ll ever get off this med. it’s done nothing in fact I have new and scarier symptoms than I did before. 

I’m suffering from:

•Prickling, pins & needles and numbness in my hands and feet

• internal Tremors now becoming external

•heart palpitations 

•feelings of breathlessness 

•feelings of losing control

•not quite being with it (spaced out) 

•severe lethargy

•head rushes & head pressure

Honestly the list goes on.

I feel shocking and struggling to understand how and why this med is even on the market!!!

Any advice?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Louise.

I was on miter for 4 years, when you are feelings those symptoms means you need to talk to your GP or physchiatric; he/she will probably change the medication.

He switched mirt for valdoxan which has been marvellous for me, however, I’m grateful for the job with mirtazapine.

Try to eat healthy options and for withdrawal symptoms I highly recommend passionflower or valerian which are botanical medications for handling anxiety without any side effects.

I hope it works for you.

God bless you.💋💋😘

• Posted

Hi Maritza,

Thanks!!! My naturopath gave me a medication and the main ingredient is passionflower. I’ll take it seeing as you said it helps.

I have, they want to stick me on lorazepam 3 times a day and that’s just not feasible with an 8 month old because I wouldn’t be able to drive etc. 

I’ll have to keep trying to come off. Btw the psych & Dr have been no help with this. 

????

• Posted

I have just come off mirtazapine, terrible withdrawals.  Is valdoxan a better med, when i asked in uk i was told it wasnt used here but maybe i can ask again as i cant take ssris.
    • Posted

Hi Ann,

Valdoxan is called the Rolls Royce of antidepressants, because it doesn’t have many side effects as SSRIs such as: decrease libid and increase weight, I’m really grateful with this new medicine even though it is expensive but worthy, I fall asleep and don’t get up after 6 hours; next day you feel freshen.

It is available in Uk and Australia so far.

I hope it helps for you.

Lot of love. 

💋

• Posted

Just looked this med up... it looks amazing & is having amazing results!!!! Why hasn’t any other pharmaceutical company thought of this!!

• Posted

Hi I’m down to 6mg and I have every one of your symptoms it’s a horrible drug to come off 

Hang on in there it’s hard but there is no other choice 

• Posted

Thanks! I’m kind of feeling better knowing I’m not the only one!!! ❤️ I hope your withdrawals aren’t too bad getting down to 6mg... how did you do it?
    • Posted

Very slowly but I’m now wondering if going so slowly is just prolonging the wd symptoms 
    • Posted

I’m wondering the same too... but coming off so quickly I’ve read horror stories... I wake up most days thinking... What fresh hell is this. But I have to keep going. I found walking briskly everyday helps a bit 
  • Posted

Did you have these symptoms before ? Why were you put on it ?

I am reducing from 45mg.

• Posted

Ummm not that I can remember.

I was put on it for severe anxiety, ptsd & depression (I don’t think I have depression). I’ve had depression before and never experienced what I experienced going on the drug. 

Personally it did nothing, didn’t stop or reduce panic attacks and left me really hungry, tired and depressed. I got depressed being on the drug.

Please do it slowly, how long have you been on it? Did it help?

• Posted

hi louise, Are you going to try any other medication? Im on mirtzapine and like yourself, it has not done anything for my anxiety.
    • Posted

Hi Raj,

I’ve tried 5 different SSRIs and they’ve not done anything.. I’m now going to try a holistic approach but I wouldn’t suggest that to everyone. Mirtazapine is better for major depression... Have you tried anything else?

• Posted

CBD paste I’ve found to help the hybrid type I get mine from CBD Brothers look it up on google 
    • Posted

Been on it over 2 years. Am going slow. I think it has made me worse it helps with sleep but i feel awful in the morning
    • Posted

I take dizapam alongside mitazapine, and ive started on citalopram too...

Not seeing much results yet .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.