Why is Zopiclone so awful

Posted , 22 users are following.

Will somebody tell me the reason for the hysterical comments, and hate

campaign against this sleeping tablet . Please don't tell me to read 

yards of stuff on different forums and sites, What is so bad  about it. .

I get sleep, and nothing else, (thankfully ). 

It can't be so bad ,some people have used it for years,so they say, 

So, no yelling or shouting, or soap box attitudes, just tell me, nicely,

what it's all about  ..

1 like, 155 replies

155 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline

it's been found to be addictive and linked to dementia and some cancers. Look up nhs guidance for further information.

• Posted

Do you think if we started a "Happy Forum " get people to tell what 

nice things have happened to them in between the bad bits. 

Go on------- you first  cheesygrin

• Posted

This forum is basically the same as an AA meeting. It's people looking for  help with there problem of addiction. In  AA, they explain their problems as to how alchohol has affected their lives? In these forums though, it's zopiclone, people expressing their feelings and what  they can do about zopiclone?? It's a good way to see what other people have done with their addiction? It can affect you physically and physcologically, it's the best way to get information. Although some people tend to pontificate, it's "great support" .
    • Posted

good word usage Effortly lol . I agree it is one big AA meeting
    • Posted

All benzos are addictive , and if this site helps and supports other that's a great thing .
    • Posted

Bit like a suspender belt. nice to have a bit of a smile here and there, as they say Laughter is the best medicine.

Sharing with people you will never set eyes on ,can make you a little more open ,and explain ,what you would not necessarily share with people  you know

• Posted

What would you class as na over dose on zoplicone on a ball park from( 1-10) that u for your help

• Posted

Seeing as you have sent this post,, the odds on your having overdosed,are very slim,If you slept in the park for 9 hours ,and woke up,  I envy you, I would love to sleep a straight 9 hours.

Have a good day ..

• Posted

Hi do you take zopiclone to? It's scared me reading all these things.
    • Posted

YES, I do take it and sleep good, which is very important ,Lack of 

sleep can cause more health problems, why deprive yourself of something that keeps your body on track. Everyone is addicted to something, so what, that's life ' There are far worse things that will 

allegedly ,make you feel bad,  There are always people who will knock anything ,and everything. It's a free country. and we should not be led by Hyde Park Henry;s If Zop lets you sleep ,what is there to 

worry about, better than lying awake all night 

• Posted

I've only ever taken no more than one and a half for 5/6 months. So may try a gradually cut thus dwn bit by bit x
    • Posted

Going through withdrawal no matter how long your on them weeks months years you will get panic attacks anxiety agrophobia and on rare occasions suicidal thoughts just keep that in mind I was like you , just need 1 tablet to help me sleep as im a busy nurse , and going through a messy divorce , 13 years later after trying to wean myself off 10 tablets a night tolerance fets high quickly as they stop working so you need more , I am now on a programme and have been off the 9 weeks , don't kid yourself I did , just 1 a night good sleep what harm can it do , I don't drink or do any drugs other than zops but no longer thank god , and im glad people needing real help and support have other people to help them so call it a for zops one day you may need that support and help , this is a very supportive group for people that need it , if you have no problems YET don't use it is my best advise sent with love for my fellow users there is light after withdrawal x
    • Posted

Hi Amanda.  I've been on 3 zops per night but have gotten down to 1-1/2.  I've been on them for about 15 years or more.  I'm also on methadone and am cutting back on both but I find the zoplicone so difficult.  I just can't seem to get down from 1-1/2.  I know my brain is affected because I can tell.  It's not functioning like it used to and I forget everything now.  I have a lot of health problems and already have anxiety. I am so scared to go through with it yet more scared of what it's doing to me.  I don't know how I'll make it to Dr. appointments without sleep.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks everyone who has posted!

• Posted

Hello Amanda,, just re joined the "Zoppers " forum, and ,as it has been a year, I thought I would see how you are .GOOD is the expected answer. I still take it, as the Tinnitus reigns supreme ,and this is the way I show it ,that it is NOT going to remove sleep. from my life. I am told when I visit the Tinnitus clinic that there is no cure, and they are quite happy for me to take the small dose of ZOP. Won't talk anymore ,as I may be talking to myself. I do hope not x

Jacqueline

• Posted

Wow you got some real wild replies here.  I too have awful buzzing and take meds for it.  I assume Zop is the same med as Zolpidem.  I took it for a few weeks and had great sleep, but I started feeling depressed and suicidal.  I stopped taking it and all that stopped as well.  So that is why I won't take it for long periods of time.  I think everyone is different and I certainly am.  I have been through many many different meds in my 54 years and usually end up with the side effects that are rare or it has the opposite effect.  My doctor said I have the paradoxical reaction to most meds.  So I take one med for a few nights, then change to another, then try something else.  WHEN I get good sleep it makes a world of difference so I say if you gotta take it forever and it works, great.  Although the Powers That Be will regulate us into sleepless nights and agony otherwise.  I recently learned that the FDA has changed regulations on Benzos and my Xanax will be taken away.  So now what do I do?  I am taking it as the doctor has prescribed it and praying that I can get off it and not go into full panic mode and end up in the nuthouse, again. Or in the ER, again.  I work full time and sleep and self control is so important.  I never got on this forum for this reason, originally it was for a shoulder injury.  I have learned a few things about Benzos and addiction and withdrawal, so some comments are helpful.  I once went to my doc about having a panic attack for no apparent reason, and he told me it was because I forgot to take my medication and the withdrawals were kicking in.  I guess that means I am addicted to it.  I was thinking it was just as needed.  But taking it makes me need it I suppose.  This kind of thinking makes me crazy.  I will stop before I offend anyone.  

• Posted

Hi annie1963

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Annie,,, just thought I would "pop in" to see how you are.. My last visit to the Tinnitus clinic was the same reply---- no cure-----Had it for 5 years now,but discovered Zop about 2/3 years ago, from an understanding G.P who was aware of lack of sleep caused by the midnight choir, I am still on the same dose ,which does NOT affect my mental state, or any other state, just gives me sleep .for which I am most grateful. This addiction that is constantly brought up about Zop ,i find odd. people take other drugs .pain killers in particular, which has the effect of removing ,or covering pain, and there is never any uproar about addiction, which we all know does happen .However ,I side track,,,, How are you ?????Hope you are still around 

• Posted

Hi Jacqie  I am doing ok.  As predicted the Politicians and medical community is in a panic over the death rate associated with Opiods and Benzos.  They are running scared and people that have been on these medicines for years are paying the price.  The panic is over all the deaths from overdose from addicts.  These are mostly younger people that are taking the drugs illegally and mixed with other substances.  But the solution is to take it away from everyone.  This is the main reason that I had originally decided to stop taking the prescription.  I did not think I was having any cognitive effects from it.  WAS I WRONG!!  I have reduced my dose to a tiny sliver of a dose and I have noticed a clarity that I did not know wasn't there.  For me, I am happy about this.  I was previously okay with taking the stuff forever because it was helping with my sleep and other issues.  But now, I realize that I want to be fully 'awake' in life.  The ringing in my ears is not going away, thats life.  I hope this never happens to you.  For me it was very gradual and as I said, I didn't even know it.  

• Posted

They removed a pain killer for the same reason ,it was a really magic pain remover ,never found anything as good .Usual situation ,a few spoil things for the rest of us. I have to say that my intelligence or awareness has diminished through Zop---- Sleep deprivation would have probably caused me more harm. I do have tinnitus ,but it started long before I could blame the sleepers

glad that you are happy, we should all be blessed with doses of happiness  Take care xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.