why me

Posted , 15 users are following.

I wish that was so,but in the world i have been it,men want sex,you all have boyfriend commintments,i bet there isnt 1 person on this site that has had this terrible deisease was single and then found a loving man that was understanding.not likely!!!!.i have problems just like anyone else,but i cant think of what could be worse then this,oh wait yes i can,not ever being able to live in a place of my own,some man wrecked that for the rest of my life.i have about 3 problems in this life that will never ever go away,1 of them being this stupid disease.the other 2 can never be fixed either,but this one is the worst of the worst.why do we have this?i just dont get it.negetive or not,i know i am single for rest of my life.you all have men i'm sure of it.or there is just a few of us that are on here that is single,i wonder if the ones that are single feel they will be single forever.there just has to be some answer to this.they have a so called cure now for hep c took years.well i will be long gone when they can fix this one.i wish i could be postive some how but really how?

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lori, powerwoman, my heart goes out to you. What a lot you are both dealing with. I cried for about 2 years when I was first diagnosed, (after many years of misdiagnoses) but have now found a balance and come to terms with this condition., That's not to say I'm stopping trying out stuff that might help, but my doctor said a very helpful thing. Think of it like diabetes, it won't go but you will learn to manage it.

There's plenty of men with low sex drives out there who are too scared to admit it in case they are judged harshly in our sex-obsessed society. And the secret to a long relationship is to be friends first and everything else after. All the hot sweaty stuff dies down with familiarity anyway, and turns into a different sort of love over time.

It's not a hopeless case, just not a standard one. Best of luck. You WILL find your equilibrium again.

• Posted

Hello everyone

Bridge of sighs - thank you for your positive words.

I have had a better day.  I am trying to work hard no matter what as I have lots to do.  It is quite physical my work, so exhausting, but at least it's a start.

I picked some new cream today.  I will let you all know how I get on with it.  It isn't CLOB.  And it doesn't think your hair, which clob does, which I know it certainly has mine!

Regards.

Jan

x

• Posted

Good on you Jan, sounds like you're beginning to be on to it! 

My cream is Mometasone which is much less potent than clobetesol and works for me.

so glad you have a diagnosis. Do you have LP right up inside vagina or just your vulva? 

I have eroding LP vulva and finally after eight months have it under some sort of control.

my advice is ALWAYS use a mirror  when applying  your topical cream/ointment to make sure you apply it only to effected areas. Rub in gently and thoroughly to ensure it goes through the layers, at least a minute. Don't let it go all over uneffected skin. 

always wash urine off after every pee.

cut out as much sugar as possible.

get stress dealt with as much as possible. I know you have a lot at the moment.

ask any questions you like. So many helped me I want to help any way I can.

regards

Lynne

• Posted

Hi Lynne

I have just been given the same cream as you have!

I found that washing after weeing, makes it much worse as you are washing away good bacteria!  I had to stop it and am much better because of that.

I have LP in my vulva and inside as well.

Thanks for your support.

Tired now, so going to relax a bit and hope to work hard tomorrow as well.

Regards.

Jan

x

• Posted

Jan

Spraying lightly with a spray bottle would not remove any good bacteria I wouldn't think. Never a douche! Just around urethra and vulva.

Anyway, it works well for me as I can't tolerate urine left as it burns me somewhat. It's a routine and I used to use soda bic for a while but after a bit It seemed to dry me out. Then I needed creams to soothe and they themselves were causing problems. Now I use nothing. 

but you just do what feels right for you, it will no doubt change from time to time. 

X

• Posted

I am so glad you said the baking soda was drying you out. I thought it was just me. I now use guaze pads dampened with plain water.
    • Posted

Me too Barbara, often use gauze pads and always carry a little bottle water to wet a swab or even toilet paper and dry with same if stuck at a public toilet that hasn't got a basin in the cubicle.
  • Posted

Hi Lori,

I started dating someone after 5 years of being single.  Sex was extremely painful at first, but I attributed it to being 65 and going without sex for so long.  After several attempts and an extremely patient boyfriend, I finally had enjoyable sex.  It was a few months later that I was diagnosed with LS.  I find that if you keep at it, and if you keep it down to once or twice a week, you can have a meaningful sex life. And, as someone else mentioned here, many men lose their sex drive as they age, so it’s not a huge problem for them anymore. Also, they enjoy other activites that you can provide. You don't need to give up on men.

If you can control your diet (no gluten, sugar, dairy, citrus) and reduce stress (I, as many women have also mentioned, had an extremely stressful job) and meditate you will feel much better.  Don’t give up! There are patient men out there. We have the power to heal ourselves.  Take back your power.

Anna

• Posted

Thank you your kind words have given me hope. Kay
    • Posted

Thanks, Kay.  When I first was diagnosed, I cried every day for a couple of months. Then one day I realized that panicking and hating the world wasn't going to change anything.  It takes a lot of hard work and discipline to be positive and work for improvement. I'm so impressed with the strong women on this site.  Their trial and success stories have helped me tremendously.

Anna

• Posted

Hi Anna

I was diagnosed 9 months ago. I'm 55 I too cried and cried even rang the Samaritans. Couldn't believe such a horrible thing existed I think my mum had it but not sure she passed away 10 years ago miss her very much. Your absolutely right it does take perseverance and bravery. And a good touch of hummer. I have a younger sister so have informed her to get checked. My ilness is now mild to moderate so I'm happy it's going in the right direction. I use a combination of treatments but the main stay is clob and estriol cream and I have read all the wonderful advise on this,site . I have a drawer full of creams and bits. Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi Kay,

I was just on the website for Dr. Oz (a doc here in the US who has a health tv show).  Here is a quote from his site that made me feel so good: "The most important thing to know is that this is a manageable problem. Virtually every patient with LS is able to restore her sex life and her sanity."

By the way, I've been taking a supplement called Avogen, which is derived from avocados.  I found out yesterday that the capsule can also be inserted vaginally for vaginal atrophy.  I don't know if vaginal atrophy is related to LS, but I thought it was worth a try.  I'll let you know if I see any noticable results.

Anna

• Posted

Hi Anna thats great news I think that's all any of us want is to get back to normal life and if sex could be restored that would be the cherry on the cake.

I have just looked up the Avocado tabs and amazone sell them.

This is a wonderful site full of brilliant advise and compassionately people like you. It's great having people to talk to who understand hoe this ilness affects us.

Kay

• Posted

That is SO encouraging,Anna. Thanks for sharing. We need positivity and hope!
    • Posted

Hi Sandra,  I agree.  Stress makes things worse, so the more success stories people share, the better off we will all be. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.