why me

Posted , 15 users are following.

I wish that was so,but in the world i have been it,men want sex,you all have boyfriend commintments,i bet there isnt 1 person on this site that has had this terrible deisease was single and then found a loving man that was understanding.not likely!!!!.i have problems just like anyone else,but i cant think of what could be worse then this,oh wait yes i can,not ever being able to live in a place of my own,some man wrecked that for the rest of my life.i have about 3 problems in this life that will never ever go away,1 of them being this stupid disease.the other 2 can never be fixed either,but this one is the worst of the worst.why do we have this?i just dont get it.negetive or not,i know i am single for rest of my life.you all have men i'm sure of it.or there is just a few of us that are on here that is single,i wonder if the ones that are single feel they will be single forever.there just has to be some answer to this.they have a so called cure now for hep c took years.well i will be long gone when they can fix this one.i wish i could be postive some how but really how?

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello Lori

Gosh we ladies all have problems here, apart from this debilitating disease.  I too am now divorced.  I also lost all my friends as it is quite an unusual story.  They went with the money (my ex husband).  And I had to cut myself from them as it was extremely acrimonious divorce.  There is still a financial connection with my ex husband, and that helps me a bit, but of course, that will end some time.  He has been extrmemely difficult and not kept to the court order.  And I needed to become myself for the first time.  So I sewed a new woman, a woman empowered I thought.  And I met a new man.  but alas he left me!  For the first time I was in love.  And I had that stolen from me.  And not only that, but my son is blackmailing me; but I will not be blackmailed, so I have distanced myself my him.  He is not a loving son, he is a monster.  And all I have is my 85 year old mum, who talks to me every day many times.  I was motivated to work so hard, and now that has dwindled.  My ex boyfriend whom I did love, left and went to USA, but he kept in contact for 3 years with me by email, and he psychologically and emotionally kept what we had alive all this time.  And only last month, announced he had been with someone else.  So now I have to accept that is over and he isn't coming back to me, and never was.  It was just a f....d up game he was playing with me.  

And my physical and mental health is suffering now.  For the first time the doctors put me on anti depressants, but they are making me throw up and have stomach problems.  As if I didn't have enough to contend with with this illness!  So it is hard to be positive when I am so alone in the world.

This site helps to an extent,, but I really do not have a life I feel.

And I do not know how to build one!

• Posted

Very sad story, Powerwoman.  So sorry to hear how you're suffering.  I hope that somehow you will be given the energy to climb out of this and are able to get your life back on a better track than before.  I'm sure that suffering LS hasn't helped your situation either.

It won't happen overnight, more like - small steps.  Hoping you will get the courage to go on, in spite of. 

• Posted

Wow i thought i had it bad,sounds like you have been through some ruff times too.i will take any problems life has,but this knowing i wont for sure ever have a man it is beyond depressing,we all have problems,but this!!!!this is totally not fare,i knew i was going to be alone forever,but having this makes me know for sure.i get so depressed sometimes,i just dont know what to do anymore.there hasw to be something that cant help this.clob,aw horse sh*t that doesnt help,it burns terribly.i know we are stuck with this for life.
    • Posted

Lori

If the CLOB isn't working after a few weeks, you need to get it changed to something else.  I am starting something new tonight.

Go back to doctors.  I have.

And althogh we are all depressed, we must be positive as we are alive, and we can control this terrible disease.  And hopefully we can have a relationship with someone, if it is under control.

Try to think like this instead of that you won't find anyone.  Because I feel the same as you often.  

• Posted

I have been on a weaker steroid ointment than most women on here. My steroid has never burned me or caused any kind of irritation. I have had questions why he put me on one so much weaker, but I am thankful cause it seems it's not nearly as irritating. (I did switch from cream to ointment because I had trouble with the steroid on my clitoris). I'm on. Betamethasone valerate.
    • Posted

you sure know how to have a positive attitude!!!!i need you to rum that positive my way for sure.
  • Posted

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry to hear your feeling down. It's not easy being diagnosed with LS. I'm sure I had LS symptoms (itch) for at least two years before diagnosis. Possibly years with yeast infections and the odd itch. Since being diagnosed it's on my mind constantly and I'm not happy with that.

I had no idea what my labia/vulva looked like until about one year ago when I was diagnosed, I do know that having taken pictures for the last year my labia minora have shrunk. One side has vanished and you can just make out a seam. Who knows when this happened and over how long a period, I don't know. I decided to take a little action. I reduced my sugar intake to mainly only alcohol (yes I can't seem to give that one up), reduced my dairy and my gluten,

I recently underwent three treatments of the Mona Lisa Touch laser. These treatments I have to say have given me back quite a bit of fullness and shape to the labia majora (which had started to flatten /loose their fullness). I feel a little more womanly now. I don't think my husband has noticed a difference, but mentally I have. It might be something you can look into.

i also have problems with my gastric tract so I have a mild antidepressant which the side effect of it is it helps heels the stomach (10mg which I'm suppose to take nightly but guess maybe I do 1/2x a week as I forget and I don't like the zombie feeling the next day). I also have glaucoma so between these three my mind can race sometimes.

I decided I was going to try and put everything to the back of my mind as much as possible, work on each "chronic illness" with small steps and most of all, to try and not stress too much as that makes all three of my illnesses worse!

Your certainly not alone. Come to this site anytime as there are many helpful ladies who can provide you with tips and ideas or sometimes just an ear.

take care x

• Posted

This is such a difficult "disease" to cope with.  I am married to a great guy but sometimes I think it would be easier to cope with my symptoms if I were single.  You see, Lori, the grass is not always greener on the other side!  I have to put on a brave face all the time as my husband is so good but doesn't know how to deal with my distress at my body falling apart. I can no longer have sex which must be very dfficult for any man.  I am quite lucky in that I am now a `prefer to have chocolate and a good book` woman, but this doesn't make it any easier for my husband.  I often think I wouId prefer to be on my own, not worrying about how my husband must feel being stuck with a woman who used to be quite attractive but now has a defunct vag, short thinning hair (used to be a lovely, shiny, thick bob), fast-disappearing, torn, split and bleeding fingernails and oral LP.  Constantly wondering what the next breakdown in my auto-immune system is going to be.  As my dermatologist said, with feeling, this is a horrible condition to have.  I think we all just need to support each other and make the most of life.  Having a sex life is not the be all and end all of life but I do think it is important to try and enjoy as much as we can of our lives, whenever we can.  I keep thinking it's not as bad as having a terminal condition - but sometimes it feels like it!
    • Posted

Hi Kathryn

How old are you, I'm 58 this year mine seemed to start after an abnormal smear test I have LP too Xx

• Posted

Hi Karen

I'm 57!  Mine started after being overworked for several years, the final one being the worst.  My employers wouldn't respond to my requests for additional help (I had a job share and when the other person left 7 years prior to me resigning, they wouldn't replace her), I developed LS, hair fell out, etc.  I worked for a legal firm and their response? "You can't prove it was work that caused it".  Don't you just hate solicitors?!!

• Posted

Hello Ladies

Kathryn at least you have someone to talk to.  I don't really.

I am not concerned about sex but I am concerned about no affection, no-one to care, and everything seems awful.  I am coming out of a recent flare but I seem to get them every 2 weeks which I cannot cope with!

• Posted

I quite understand but, on the positive side, when you find somebody who wants to be with you, you will know it is for all the right reasons.  This is such an unpleasant thing to live with.  I have just caught my finger with a very sharp knife and, because the hard, protective nail is no longer there to stop it, have managed to leave a rather nasty deep cut across the full width of the top of my `nail` - and can still type!  Definitely a positive side!biggrin
  • Posted

Hi Lori,

I have not followed this whole thread so I'm just dropping in and saw your last post.  Have you tried alternative treatments?  I was diagnosed 2 years ago, I'm now 51.  Long story short I discovered I had a problem with yeast in my body and I had sensitivities to gluten, dairy and eggs.  I treated the yeast, I eat very little sugar and I don't eat gluten, dairy or eggs.  The LS is gone.  Yes some would say my diet it extreme but I'm okay with it.  I'm really fine, and in addition I no longer have toenail fungus or psoriasis.  I believe your body is trying to tell you something, you just have to figure out what it is.  If you haven't already I would suggest doing an elimination diet for 6-8 months.  I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.  I hope this gives you some hope.

• Posted

Hi was wondering how did you treat the yeast. I too have sencertivity to dairy, yeast, garlic, tuna and eggs so a May as well include gluten. I have tried an elimination diet but still have the problem so may be need to treat the yeast overgrowth. Appreciate any help kay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.