Why random anxiety attacks?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys,

I have been doing really well over the last 3 weeks. I believe most of that is because of the medication I have been on.

I have had no panic attacks, nausea, heart pulpitations, sweaty palms and chest and not waking up with anxiety. I seem to stop meditation, excerices, eating healthy and my phychologist when I feel better. I dont think this is a good thing but I seem to cut corners when I feel fine.

Just when I let my guard down, anxiety decides to rear its ugly head for no reason. Its like it wants to remind me that its still there and not to forget it.

Today, I felt my chest, feet and arms tingle and become hot. Heart pulpitations, nausea creeping in. Yep, a panic attack is coming... but why?

I started to write on this forum and it seems to have subsided. Maybe writing is distracting me?

Why does this happen? Life is great. The only thing I can think of is being alone tonight as my partner has to work and I've felt a little yuck in my tummy, partially because I ate eggs Benedict for breakie and I have PMS. Could PMS be causing it or hightening it? This is the first time I have had my period since having anxiety.

I hate this, it makes me feel weak and no control 😒

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,the good thing is,you know what it is,you know you can feel better,so dont let it scare you. It will pass just like before. Xx
  • Posted

Hey Lind first thing I thought when I started to read was ...hormones 😊. Could be them, being alone if you aren't used to it, playing wwith your meds... Just keep an eye on it x
  • Posted

hi lind, have had 2 good days,2 good sleeps due to maybe the prozac kicking in and diazepam!ive had help with the kids so iv been calmer,not panicky,and my tingly/numb hand and face had eased a little which gave me some comfort and reassurance,then bang today ive woken up with the usual totally numb face,tingly chin and one tingly hand,i went to bed fine last night but woke up feeling like this,i thought i was finally on my way back up!why after a couple of days of calm ess am i in such a state again with nothing to trigger it?
    • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I lost my battle with it this afternoon and the anxiety came on so I let it run its course. Im not really scared of it as much as I use too. Just so you know, I had chronic anxiety attacks i.e. about 10 a day for 4 months before I seeked help. I was constantly nauseous, no appetite, couldn't sleep, restless and couldn't sit still, constant heart pulpatations, vomitting, body on fire with tingles, lump in throat, light headed, diarrhea, cramps in legs and locked jaw. I was a mess and I had these symptoms 24/7.

There is a trigger which Im trying to pinpoint. All I do is think, ok so Im probably going to have an anxiety attack, who cares, I will get over it and feel better soon, its only anxiety and I will not let it control me, I will control it. CBT really helps.

I spent 5 mins vomitting with sweaty palms, heart pulpitations and hot flushes then subsided. Im now back to normal with an appetite haha!

I think for me is not being scared of it. It seems to be less extreme each time and less frequent.

It does get better. You have to believe in yourself and know you're stronger than you think 😊

• Posted

I dont want to be a party pooper here but I dont think it ever goes away.

Medication therapy exercise and meditations helps control it but its always lurking.

You seem to be doing good on the whole

Stay Strongeek

• Posted

lynne does what ive just said make sense to you about how anxiety works,like i said iv been calmer no real stresses past few days but today my numbness/tingly face hand and stuff is so intense,if id been really streessed or had a hard time with yhe kids i could understand it x
    • Posted

This is totally true

There are no rhyme reason or rules to anxiety I can be laughing hard at something on the tv relaxed no stresst then BOOM anxiety rears its ugly headΒ 

.I wish I has answers but I dont

Stay Strongrolleyes

• Posted

so now im freaking out big time all over again,just thought i would have a bath to relax- big mistake took off my bra and i have a little red patch close to nipple,its small maybe 2mm and has tiny little lump in middle like a spot/pimple but with no head,of course usually i would not even giv it a second thought but in my present state of mind of course within about 10 minutes i have totally convinced myself of breast cancer and so the cycle continues,checking,panicking,sweating,worrying,if it was somewhere else like my arm im probs not even giv it a second thought! its just a little red patch but help talk me round people pls x
    • Posted

Just take a deep breath. It will pass.

I have similar lumps on my breast and is completely normal but get it checked out with the GP just for peace of mind.

Health anxiety can be very difficult because any little thing, even a common cold can trigger anxiety. Your mind goes into fight mode, thinking the worst.

You need to get your mind grounded again. What does the floor feel like with bare feet, cold/warm? Get a glass of water and focus on the running water, move slowly around the house breathing slowly in and out. Don't think of the worst case scenario, just think... ok... I have something unusual on my breast, nothing I can do about it right this second, Ill go to the GP tomorrow to get it checked out.

Don't let the anxiety take over your thoughts. Say (excuse the language ) F*CK YOU ANXIETY, I am strong, you cant hurt me, you can't control me.

You will think back on this and think how silly it was and maybe laugh about it.

Xx

• Posted

cant help but worry,just showed hubby who says it looks like a spot without a head!then shook his head and walked away,think hes had enough of my anxiety now,can breast cancer even be a red bump on the breasy or is it inside?may seem like a thick question but i really dont know ,im so bad that i know if today was a weekday id b running off to docs in a mess asking them to check me out x
    • Posted

and i think its more like 3/4mm not 2 ,doesnt hurt or itch or anything x
    • Posted

Hi Sarah,my husband is fed up with my ISSUES also,they dont understand. As far as the red mark,I dont think breast cancer,the mark,would just suddenly show up, could your bra have rubbed and caused a mark,or a piece of clothing. Maybe you scratched your skin there? I honestly think its nothing to worry about,even if its a pimple it would take several days to come to a head. Xx
    • Posted

Maybe even a bug bite?
    • Posted

thanku lind,i got checked out and its fine,but my anxiety symptoms are thru the roof numbness/tingling as usual lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.