Why so much bleeding after rectocele repair surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

16 days ago I had rectocele, enterocele repair and tvt.  Unless I lie down constantly, I keep bleeding.  It's bright red but no clots. I'm going through about 8-9 pads per day.  The first week after surgery, I wasn't getting as much bleeding and I was not resting as much.  Did I overdo it?  What's normal bleeding and how long does it last? Thanks for any feedback. 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I totally agree with the other ladies.  I don't remember bright red blood much at all... much less in that quantitiy.  Do speak with your doctor - or as suggested, call and talk to the nurses on the surgical floor of your hospital.  Did they not give you contact information for if you have problems?
  • Posted

I had rectocele surgery 3 days ago and was let out of hospital after one night. When I got home I had a big sleep and now I'm ok. Little bit of uncomfort but have been doing house chores and cooking like normal. The only thing I can't do is shout!

I'm 37, 3 kids and I am fit and healthy

• Posted

vicky I've read your post and I'm shocked. Firstly because you are well enough to do your chores but secondly because you should be resting. Please be very careful.
    • Posted

Hi hun. I'm resting too but I weight train and have found doing chores ok as I have only used my upper body.

I have promised myself two days in bed now all chores are done and partner is off work. Thank you for your concern hun x

• Posted

Completely went off track. Just wanted to ask if bleeding is normal? And how long it lasts? It's like a light period.

Thanks ladies

• Posted

You will get some slight bleeding but if it gets heavier than a light period then you must rest with your feet up. The other thing to be aware of us the smell. If it becomes smelly it could be the start of an infection (not common) so speak to your doctor. As the weeks go by and around 4-6 weeks you could get some bleeding as the stitches dissolve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.