Why so quiet? Very few discussions.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello everyone.

Why so quiet? I have never seen it so quiet after 2 1/2 years on this forum. Are you all

doing perfectly well or on Holiday? Odd I think. Robin

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Robin

Yes it is quiet. Is that good or bad?

TSM is sorting hubby. Never seen him so well. I am so relaxed almost horizontal xx

You are obviously good too xx

• Posted

This and looking good in your house. Suggest breakfast with home baked croissants with cheese in the middle. Robin

• Posted

So glad, but not surprised, hubby is still doing well on TSM.  Great news indeed!

You may want to read this.  It was posted by someone onto our facebook page and he is allowing me to share it wherever I might think it relevant.  Things will only keep getting better for you and hubby, as long as he remains compliant (which I think he will now that he is experiencing all the positive stuff about TSM).  What I really love about this post is that the person was made aware right from the very beginning that he needs to go through any ups and downs with patience, but also to keep an eye out for the small, almost invisible changes in his thought pattern, and he is saying here about how he has been minfdul of that all along.

''I'm well my love, really well. About 9 months in now. The difference in that time, well, wow, just wow. Early days as you know I was still getting a bit drunk on TSM on a fairly regular basis, sometimes questioned if it was working for me, but the consequences from the booze were nothing like my pre TSM days and it never turned in to a binge, and talking to you in those early days helped, just kept on track. Then got in to a pattern for about 5 months of just having a drink every two weeks, sometimes it would be a just a few, most of the time I'd get at least a little bit drunk though if I'm honest. Things were gradually improving all the time though in this period. My head was getting better and and in between drinking I was getting less and less interested in it. This went on until the 1st of July (4 weeks ago today). Went to a family function that day where everyone was drinking, a real boozy occasion. Took my tablet and cracked on. Suffered the next day a bit, as did all the family, but didn't have the urge to wake up and carry on like I did in my AUD days. Well, anyway, something happened that day I think. Think I may have hit extinction. In the preceding month I have had not one single desire to drink. I have been in a couple of drinking environments/occasions, I held a big curry night the other week for the family and as everyone was drinking their cobra beer and white wine I just felt no desire to indulge whatsoever. I've experienced a few situations that were always a 'trigger' for me in my AUD days but felt no desire to drink. I even got a large scotch and soda on the rocks handed to me after a long hot day and I had no problem whatsoever saying "no thanks". It's just insane. I come home from work, my wife's drinking a beer, and I just fancy a nice cuppa tea!! WTF!!!

I feel totally indifferent towards alcohol. I've gone from being 'obsessed' with it, to well just.... meh. It's just a non issue. I've battled this for 20 years Jo, it's nearly killed me, torn my family apart, and put my mum on the verge of a breakdown, but I now I feel the fight is over. I've achieved in 9 months of TSM what I'd been trying to achieve in 15 years of being in and out of the rooms (because I thought it was the only option).

And as a result of this I'm at peace. My heads clear, I'm not on edge, I feel positive and able to deal with life and what it throws at me. My home life is better than its ever been. My marriage, which was coming to an end, has just been reignited. Work is good. We've got a big family holiday booked in a couple of weeks. Everything is better. Everything. Massively better. And I've got you, the C3 foundation, Claudia and all the others who have spread this message to thank for that. The work you do is amazing. Xx''

• Posted

Not sure why my post keeps getting moderated.... tried it a couple of ways and still goes to moderation.

Anyway, JulieAnne, keep an eye on it when it gets approved as you and hubby will find it really interesting biggrin

• Posted

Yum

Didn't know you had twinnies. A good friend of mine has got triplets. Proper harum scarum, but they bring her great joy. I'm sure this is the same for you, Robin xx

• Posted

Thank you for all you do. Thank you for the post and the person who posted! I can identify with this experience of TSM! I too am feeling so much better! Thank you!!!
    • Posted

That is such an uplifting story, Joanna. I am truly amazed at my Hubby's reaction to alcohol, even at this early stage. I have encouraged him to drink and relax on TSM. Understandably, at the very beginning, we were both very nervous. I could see straight away the difference TSM was making. He has only managed 1 alcohol free day so far, but I'm not worried I know he will achieve this in his own time. He went out with his work colleagues last Friday and came home a bit tipsy. I can't put it into words very well but it seemed a different kind of 'too much to drink' . Next day he had a hangover which, apparently he hasnt had in years! No shakes, sweats flashing lights. Was able to go to work, took a Nal that evening and had 1 beer! Before TSM he would have been in a full blown binge by now.

Cannot express how grateful we are Joanna xx

• Posted

Wow - no need to say anything more - bloomin Saint in disguise you are.  To help someone in such a huge huge way is amazing.  I would feel honoured to help people in this way like you are doing.  You have been there, GOT THE T-SHIRT and out the other end - so much respect for you and what you are doing.

G.

• Posted

Well said Gwennie , Joanna is one amazing lady x
  • Posted

Hi robin and Julie-Anne 

I am fine. Hubby just retired, taking some getting used to. Had loads of celebrations, parties etc. Think I did the right thing taking campral again. 

Had both grandsons sons overnight and both still asleep. Meeting up for family breakfast, all nine of us. Couldn't face breakfast if I'd been drinking. School holidays will keep us busy.

Two holidays coming up, one with kids, one just the two of us. So plenty to look forward to.

Glad you're both ok and TSM still working Julie-Anne.

• Posted

Great news. Twins naughty here and driving us nuts. Getting ready for Eurodisney holiday soon.

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well Vicks. We are enjoying our Grandchildren too. I had forgotten the joy of living. I have so much to be grateful for xx
    • Posted

Hi Vicks ,warming to hear that you feel you made a good decision to take the Campral again. Itsn't it just great to feel  normal and do normal things like being able  eat breakfast and have our grandchildren come and stay...yes and just enjoy living and not thinking about that next drink.

Enjoy your holidays x

• Posted

How nice to hear everything is going well.
  • Posted

I'm still checking posts every day. Winter down under, but not an excuse to have a warming or medicinal brandy! Best wishes. confused

• Posted

Great to hear from you John and I like you strength. Keep it up. Robin

• Posted

Thanks Robin. The temptation is still there sometimes, but I just wouldn't dare give in now after all that time. A little story - I was in hospital having my gallbladder out recently and because my liver blood tests were 'deranged,' I was asked several times by various medical people if alcohol could be one of the reasons. It was a great feeling to be able t say, 'no, I don't drink!' Btw, all tests are back to normal now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.