Why so quiet? Very few discussions.

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello everyone.

Why so quiet? I have never seen it so quiet after 2 1/2 years on this forum. Are you all

doing perfectly well or on Holiday? Odd I think. Robin

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

For me, personally, I have been spending all of my spare time getting the YouTube channel ready for launch next month, so I haven't had much time for anything else.

But I really think that the issue goes way deeper than what any of us might be doing individually......

It's only my thoughts but the Patient website used to be an excellent website, full of useful information.  To me, now it is full of adverts, and it has lost a lot of it's credibility.  It always had a few adverts of course, but at least they seemed relevant in some way.  Now, it is full of the usual 'what so-and-so looks like now will amaze you' and 'claim this, claim that' crap.  If I was coming here for the first time, I wouldn't view it as I used to view it.  Just on trying to load your discussion page alone, my Adblocker program blocked 44 (yes, 44!!) adverts.

To me, it seems to have no more credibility than my local newsaper site - adverts, slower to load, seemingly constant technical glitches.  It no longer instills in me that it is a 'great' site, but just another site that may or may not be reliable in it's information.  Before, to me it clearly felt like it was a professional site.  Now, it doesn't.

I am only on this forum though, so does anyone know if the quietness is unique to the alcohol consumption forum, or is it across all the forums?

• Posted

Tkks Joanna. Ad showing care homes direct total junk and not relevant. Agree that this is no longer a great Forum and much too commercial. Using my tablet today and no ad blocker. Seeing too much rubbish. Otherwise, not too certain why it is so quiet here this week. Robin
    • Posted

Hi Robin, Thanks for asking. All going well this end. TSM working well for me. I don't see adverts so that doesn't affect me. I always look out for posts, alerted via email, and still love reading them but do agree they are getting less and less. Not sure why. Glad to hear all is well with you. X

• Posted

It is quieter across all the forums (think I'm on 11 here), although this section has plummeted right off the scale. I am on a couple of other site forums and their traffic is holding up.

I don't see ads because of my ad blocker and I come directly here via email notifications, so do not see other non forum parts of the site.

It does sound like it is being heavily monetised

• Posted

Hi Joanna.

Yes, we are looking out for youtube video. Hubby still doing well. I don't tend to get too many ads because if my ad blocker. This forum has gone quiet though. Have only been on one other site and that was crap xx

• Posted

Great to read JulieAnne  that hubby doing so well, its a amazing isn't what one little pill, compliance and mindfulness can do.This time last year I would have never believed that such a thing as TSM existed let alone help me and I would bet you were the same  I am sure without asking that you too must be well and very happy .

I hope to receive my Naltrexone this week so I can wave bye bye to the Nalmefene and hopefully feel a bit better when I do have that occasional drink.xx

• Posted

Hi Nat

Lovely to hear from you. Naltrexone should suit you better. Mark hasn't looked back since starting TSM. Can't believe I found this site by accident which, led me to lots of support great people and TSM.

Mark is still doing well. We are so relaxed now xx

• Posted

Brilliant news JulieAnne ! Same as me i came across the site quite by accident last November , I have never looked back.So pleased the stress levels are down and you are both nice and relaxed relaxed..pheww 😊😊 x

• Posted

Still around. My ad blocker working so well I've never seen an ad. Will update every fortnight or so on my discussion. Otherwise I try not to follow too many discussions but I think the help and support provided is a credit to all the contributors.

• Posted

😆😆😆I blame summer but you are right it is quiet and I do wonder how everyone is doing too

• Posted

Hi Robin I was thinking just the same that it is very quiet lately .I have had very few notifications .For me all is ticking on well and glad to read replys from some of the others that they too are all good and doing well.No one is ever far from.my thoughts

I am sure your naughty little twins will thoroughly love Eurodisney.Enjoy !

• Posted

Thanks Nat. Lot of people have perhaps improved and need this forum less. Summer and holidays perhaps also mean less traffic. Great that you are doing well. Keep it up. REf Eurodisney..had 1/2 board thrown in free of charge when I booked in February . Robin
    • Posted

Hi there, I don't see adds and receive email alerts.  I have also joined another site and they seem constantly busy toing and froing to each other.  I will always return to this site though, made some good friends who have provided me with valuable  information.  Good to hear from all the guys and all seem to be keeping well.

Euro family holiday - fab - that is one to remember by both big kids and lil kids lol. 

• Posted

Hi Gwennie.

Glad to hear you have had a great holiday. Just sitting outside enjoying the sun xx How's the insomnia? Hope things have imoroved. You and Vicks xx

• Posted

Hello there Jules  - not been on holiday lol lol lol - well I do go to my cottage most weekends in the Lake District - so yes had a good weekend.  Sun here also - love it.  Insomnia - well probs for me n Vicks - still the same old same old.  Nuisance - but hey - so are other things. 

Nice to hear from ya hun - bestest wishes to u n hubs. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.