Will Emergency contraceptive(levonorgestrel) Pill causes severe Leg swelling and pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

I am female 23 years old. I took Emergency contraceptive (levonorgestrel) No will pill 3 days back evening with empty stomach, as I involved in unprotected sex with my bf. After taking that pill, that night I had dinner as usual. 

From the next day evening till now, My left leg (below knee to feet) is suffering from SEVERE pain with much SWELLING and I cant even move my leg a bit also. 

Is that the side effect resulting from that pill? Please help how can it get cured.... & I am afraid whats happening :-( . 

I am taking aceclofenac tablets from yesterday (as I thought it may be due to some muscle strain.) Then feeling relief in pain but no change in swelling) and I am suffering from FEVER also now. I will stop taking aceclofenac, as I now started suspecting it may because of the Emergency contraceptive pill & not bcoz of muscle strain . 

Plz help what to do... 

Thanks in advance..

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

After consulting the doctor and his physical examination of my leg and a X ray, He told me that is some infection cause and prescribed some tablets:

Cefixime dispersible, Clindamycin, Aceclofenac & Serratiopeptidase. 

After taking these tablets & some rest Both swelling & pain got disappeared.

Now I am almost healthy & happy :-).

But still I am surprised to believe, that my case was not DVT. I am still in doubt, that the doctor diagnosis was wrong & my cure is may be because of my Natural immunity, healing againt DVT instead of the tablets I took.

Anyway, Thanks a lot to "patient.info" which is very helpful.

• Posted

Glad to hear of your good outcome but try to stay away from Morning After Pills just in case.
    • Posted

Hmm definitely I will avoid Morning After Pills. They even caused my periods come 8 days earlier than my regular menstrual date.

Thanks again smile

• Posted

I am really glad to find this post as I was seeking an answer to my current state. I had the same result: swollen foot but accompained also by the elbow and wrist pain. Been like this for 2 weeks already ( currently in hospital) as doctors try to figure out wether it is an infection or arthritis. I think it is a side effect of the pills and if my test results show that I am healthy as a horse.... I give up on doctors and start google-ing more

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.