Will i ever feel normal again?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im suffering from anxiety for about a years now. It started out with a few sporadic panic attacks and 4 days without sleep because of heart palpitations. i seen doctors many times and done blood test and ECG everything came back normal. Doctor said im having horrible anxiety. Just recently, it's gotten incredibly worse. I feel anxious everyday. My heart beats irregularly and fast. I tense all my muscles. I have a hard time concentrating. I have a hard time sleeping, which makes me tired all the time. I have a hard time swallowing, to the point where sometimes I actually can't. I feel like I am going to faint. I think I am going to die. I fear something horrible is going to happen. I try to concentrate on my breathing, but it only seems to make it worse! Most of all I FEEL SO WIRED and Confused and im very scared of this feeling!! I feel like something is seriously wrong with me. All negative thoughts mess in my head.I tend to be a fairly social person, but as of late, I am becoming more and more withdrawn. I talk with my friends about it in hopes that they won't think I am crazy. The seem to be supportive, but I don't think that they can really understand the totality of what I am going through. I try to avoid things that trigger panic, but it seems as though everything seems to trigger panic at this point! It would just be nice to have someone to talk to who understands. I fear that this is my life now forever and it's making me depressed, angry, and embarrassed. I want this to go away!!! I just want to feel "normal" again!!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Blue, so sorry you are going through this. Anxiety is a scary thing. It just makes us think the worst. It's like perhaps they missed something. As I have read on these forums, try to research relaxation techniques on YouTube and that might help. I hope you feel better

• Posted

Thanks.listen to meditaton music before going to sleep. It helps me a alot to relax
  • Posted

Hello Bluesky

Well where to start, I've been through all of what you describe. The first time I had a panic attack I thought I was having a heart attack and I was so frightened I didn't sleep for days. But you get through it. You need to get the right meds to give you some control that can take a while and you need to be kind to yourself. Remember you mean a lot to your relatives and friends. The most important thing I've found is to get some control and to accept that you are ill and that there's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. Seek help and know that you're not alone. I wish you luck.

• Posted

Thank you for this post I am suffering as well no sleep for days from anxiety. I take xanax and it does help alot it is just i have to beg my doctor to give it to me. She hates the drug. I am 63 and this is the first time I have ever needed it in my life. I take 0.25 mg at night only so I am not abusing it at all. Everything else does not work for me. I am tired of begging for anxiety medicine. I have just about given up on life. Reading your post helped me thank you
  • Posted

hi! I can assure you the horrible heart palpitations and the panic attacks because of that will go away with time! I went through a horrible time with those, I was completely sure I was gonna have a heart attack, it got to the point when I even wrote down a letter to my familiy saying goodbye, because I was so sure I was gonna die of it. Everytime I lied down in the couch or my bed I would feel my heart pounding super hard, like it was gonna come out of my chest. It made me afraid of going to sleep because of it. Sometimes I felt it was beating to fast, others to slow. I also felt sometimes just one strong heartbeat, like it was coming out of my mouth, and I had to cough in order to get it back. This made me anxious all through the day. I went to the doctor and had a lot of tests, only for them to tell me I had a healthy heart. I even went to ER for it a coulple of times. And now, two months later, I can tell you I’m completely over it and it doesn’t bother me at all. So just wait it out. Everytime it happens just remind yourself it’s your mind, it can’t hurt. I know it’s hard, but just take deep breaths and keep doing what you doing, don’t let it bother you. The first times will be a “fake it till you make it” kind of thing haha, but eventually it won’t bother you for real! Oh, and I only took medicine for it one time. Try not to, because if you do you are giving it more power than you should. I wish you the best of luck and just remember you will come out of this!
    • Posted

Also, I’m sorry for my english its not my first language 😕

• Posted

I know it’s been a long time since you wrote this but if you do check back , I could have wrote it myself everything you said I have every minute of every day. 

I would love to know how you are doing 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.