Will norethisterone affects the date of your next period?

Posted , 44 users are following.

I was on norethisterone last month till the 20th Aug and my period came on the 22nd Aug. My period has not come ever since and it has been 41 days since the start of my previous period. Is anyone experiencing the same thing too? I hope I am not the only one.

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply, oh I hope it comes soon then, due to be sterilised in a few weeks and would like a period before then, fingers crossed it arrives smile x
  • Posted

Hi

I don't know anyone personally who hasn't come on. But it says on the leaflet in the pack that one of the

possible side effects is stopping periods. If u do another test this week and its negative its highly unlikely that your pregnant and just let nature run its cause.

If your really worried with your sterilisation coming up I'd go to doctors and get a blood test to be absolutely sure.

smile

• Posted

I didn't get a leaflet with my tablets and my extremely helpful GP just told me to Google the info for the tablets! Can you believe that! Lol. . . . Thanks for the info i'll give it till friday then it's been over 4 weeks. . .it ain't half all nerve-racking this, . . Never gonna take Norethisterone again, it took over a month for the tablets to actually work in the 1st place, maybe my body is just backwards lol, thanks again smile x
  • Posted

I took norethisterone for holidays, the first side effect I experienced was sever headache like migraine, then I stopped after 2 tables, then I resumed hoping the migrain was not from the medicine but alas, it started again so I stopped the tablets straight away. My period came and lasted 10 days with light bleeding the last three days. And now I am due and no period except the signs like abdominal pain and light bloody discharge. I am expretlemy worried that my system has been messed up as I am 43 and don't know if this is menopause or something else!
  • Posted

Northisterone messes up your cycle for sure. I took it for 2 weeks this summer and bled 2 days after taking my last tablet. Then I had 2 periods within the same month which were both very heavy.

Having taken it a few times over the years, whilst on holiday, I can safely say that it has always messed up with my cycle.

• Posted

I consume norethisterone for 5 days straight and I finish it yesterday. Right now still doesn't have any sign of my menses is coming and I'm so stressful. It's my first time having such a so late period. Is it normal? What if my menses still does not come after 2 more days? Am I suffering from what kind of illness?
  • Posted

I had norethisterone then came on 2 days after I'd stopped. Then two weeks after started my period again which would have been my normal due date before taking the norethisterone does anybody know if your 28 day cycle starts again from when you were originally on period before delaying or count after norethisterone. Sounds complicated to explain ???
  • Posted

I know this is over 6 months old but I was wondering the same what Sharon said..

Does your period start from when you had your last period from the Norethisterone or will it be the same?

Example: I'm due this week (21/9) but I had my period after the Norethisterone on the 10th which lasted 4 days.. so do I count from the 10th as thats the first day of my last period or will it be this week..? Madness!!

• Posted

Hello,

I would count from the 10th but everyone is different. After I've finished taking these tablets I usually come on a few days after then my next period is really late. It usually takes a good few months for it to get back to normal.

• Posted

Yeah, I may do that..but this week, Im getting the symptoms for it! Is that weird? Or common for this? And I know Im not pregnant so that rules that out..
  • Posted

Hi! I take norethindrone and my gyn told me that yes, this is indeed a side effect. I believe she said that if you stop taking it, it is possible for it to start back up again.
  • Posted

I'm confused with this all!

I stopped the tablets back in August and since then, my period has been coming at the beginning of the month and has been for couple of months now.

Is it possible for it to go back to normal yet???

At the moment, I don't know if I'm Ovluating (Sorry I cant spell) because I'm spotting and have pain in my side, mood swings etc and my period should arrive in 2 weeks like it's been doing (First time I've had spotting) or is my period back  to normal? 

Anyone had the same? 

• Posted

I think I'm in a similar situation apart from I haven't had a period at all since I took norethisterone over 2 months ago, sore boobs are horrendous.. Every comment I have been reading I see that people received there periods days after stopping the tablets and I still haven't rolleyes any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Posted

I have just been told my doctors that I can come off the norethisterone and wait for my period . I have also had a blodd test which im waiting for my results to come back . Also im on the implanted . The doctor said my period should lasted for 4 days if longer I have to go to the family centre to find out whats happend it could be my implanted affecting me . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.