WILL WE EVER FEEL GOOD AGAIN!

Posted , 21 users are following.

Seriously... Why why all these crazy symptoms?? None of this is normal.. I feel like I've died but I'm still in my body!!! mentally, physically.. No stamina, dizzy shaky nausea, joint pain migraines, emotional, just plain SICK.. will any of this ever go away??

12 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Gypsy ..i know what you mean. It has worn me out. Even when i try so hard to fight and push through , it has really taken a toll on me also physically, mentally, and emotionally. My son is graduating in a couple of weeks and i cant even be happy for him. Ive havent sent any invitations out. I cant believe i am still this way as last year this time. It scares me big time. Like you, ive been very shaky and trembling this week. My digestion just want let up, sometimes i think the digestion is causing everything else. I was just thinking the same question, i pray that it does really soon. God help us all!
    • Posted

Aww Mary it is so hard to try and make it through family engagements , when all you feel is well nothing there are no happy hormones there I feel you! And to try and put on that happy face and get through is tough for sure, it almost feels like everywhere you walk that gray cloud follows right over your head grrr! Not fun at all, I remember all the gatherings and party's and B B QS in the summer and I don't do any of it anymore, and I want to do bad feel like me again and have those desires , but I'm just to weak and sick with all these yoyo symptoms, I'm praying for us all Mary that we make it through real soon, take care ?

• Posted

Sometimes I have to take a Valium or have a glass of wine to deal with family things.  I don't want to get hooked on them so I only take them once or twice a week or when I'm having a particularly rough day, like yesterday. I like the ladies I work with but lately I feel like they're conspiring against me. But like I said one day at a time.

• Edited

A woman I know was just telling me that she was really bad, and it lasted two years. Six years later (post meno) she feels like her old self again. She said she can't even remember how bad she was, it's just a distant memory. Like labor. She just told me this today. 

I feel like I'm not as severe as I was, but I don't know if I'm just so used to feeling like total crapola that it's my new normal? 

I do know that many of my really bad symptoms went away after 2 years, this is what is now gone: eye flashes, bad tremor shakes (still get mild ones now and then), extremely large breast cysts, ovarian cysts, frozen shoulder, emotional outbreaks, depression, gastritis, heart palps, high heart rate. 

Hang in there Gypsy! XOXO

• Posted

Hi Suzanne, well that definitely gives me hope, my aunt did say the same that 2 years approximately these really awful symptoms last, April made 2 years for me as far as the really really bad symptoms, and just like you I know I'm not as bad as I was April may June July 2016 im still here with symptoms, and they're rough but have eased up some. That is absolutely music to my ears about the lady saying its all a distant memory!! Oh how I can't wait, but what scares me the most is will we always be on our toes wondering are these awful symptoms going to come back to smack us, I wonder that.. Well I guess one day at a time, thanks for sharing, take care ?

• Posted

Suzanne thanks for reassuring me that this one day will pass, because today has been the most awful, miserable, torturing day. It seem like when i think im better than the worse comes back and smack me. I am uncontrollably shaking and trembling, back pains with burning sensation on my legs..feet feels like its burning. If i eat i shakes, if i walk i start shaking and trembling. I took anxiety meds last week up until sunday to help calm my mind and sleep. I think the meds brought this on. This has been all day long this week. I mean my whole body is aching even my fingers. I was out today trying to run errands because my son is graduating and im pushing myself to do things that is long overdue, but i think i may have over did it today. I hope tomorrow is better.
    • Posted

Mary, I totally know how you feel! I just shoot for completing one task a day and don’t try to overdo it. But back when I was really bad I couldn’t do much at all. I was really lucky I wasn’t working because there was no way I could’ve been. Make sure you rest when you can. 

Last year at this time I was just like you, and I went to New Orleans for my husband’s work. I kept shaking so I took a klonopin on the plane. When I got there I forgot I took one and had some champagne. Well, no more shaking, but I can’t remember anything after dinner! lol! 

Hope you start feeling better!

• Posted

Suzanne, Lol i definately thought about a drink today or something to just knock me out . Yes, one hpod thing is that i'm not working either because there is no way i could like this. What year are you in now? Because i just made one year in March heading into second year. My sister keeps assuring me that year after year it gets better. She reassures me but then turns around and say something like 'you re just starting' and Im like 'Really?'🤔

• Posted

I'm so happy to read your post! I am having a rough day and needed to hear this! I am 50 and been in peri for probably 5 years now. I was skating right along with only some missed periods until last July. It all hit the fan then and I've been battling almost daily since. I'm terrified I will never be myself again. I'm p****d that I have to relish my good days instead of just live my life and not even give thought to if I'm having a good day or what's hurting or what's keeping me in the house ( crushing fatigue, migraine, feeling out of body, etc). I was really experiencing dreadful, debilitating symptoms for months but do have some days of feeling better and more like my old self now, but im not he same as I was and that's very hard for me to accept. I do have a frozen shoulder which is just awful! I'm so happy to hear yours is gone and isn't an issue for you anymore. I'm 10 months into mine. I'm still in the frozen stage. My neck and top of my shoulder still hurt daily... but at least I can sleep now and don't fall to my knees gasping for air when I accidently bump it! I'm going to cling to the thought that we will all feel like our old selves again and just battle through this! thanks again for this post! It helped smile 

• Edited

Hi Audra, wow, I could’ve written your post! It took me probably about a year and a half to get rid of frozen shoulder. It’s still not 100% and aches when my symptoms are acting up and don’t have complete range of motion, not sure if it’ll ever be completely normal. But I can totally relate to how painful it is. During the freezing stage my dog yanked after a squirrel and I forgot I had the leash in that hand. I sat in the middle of the street crying for ten minutes! Plus I wasn’t able to take nsaids because of chronic gastritis. Just awful. 

I think all my issues really started at 50, that’s when I started having neck problems, gastritis, and screaming fits. The worse of my symptoms hit at 51 and that’s exactly when my period started getting strange. 51 was the worse, 52 still pretty bad, 53 not as bad. Still hanging in there with abnormal periods, seems like now I have it all the time. 

My sister is 5 years older and she says I’m following right in her footsteps. Nooooo! She now gets panic attacks! Ughhhh 

My husband says I’m being permanently punished right now. And he is too! Haha 

• Posted

Hi Mary, see my post below to Audra, I combined my answer to you both. 

I think some women get tortured during peri and some post. Let’s hope it’s not both for us!

• Posted

Suzanne why couldn't you take the NSAIDS what would happen if you did? I have/ had the frozen shoulder and the migraines and the chronic gastritis and I've taken them my entire life and all of a sudden had to stop, because it made me feel like it worsened my gastritis felt like I couldn't breathe lots of gas and belching afterwards so I stopped I felt it just wasn't worth it!! Same with when I would take multi vitamins so I stopped that too. I've been thinking about trying them again maybe only a half of one or so because the pain in my head and arthritis can flare up and get bad, but I haven't tried yet since I stopped them.. So why did you stop and can you take them again now??

• Posted

The gastro did an endoscopy when I was having the gastritis (noticing black stools and having stomach pain). He found that I had chronic gastritis which was brought on by taking too much advil. It was always my go to pain med, I always had a lot of headaches. Nsaids like advil is hard on the stomach. I was always sure to take it with milk or food, but one time I didn't, and I think that's what started it. Or the perimeno kicked in, who knows? But the doctor told me no more nsaids. It was awful, especially for the frozen shoulder. The ortho doc heard that I couldn't take nsaids, and he said "oh, you're screwed, maybe you should look in to medical marijuana, but since it's not legal here..". 

So fast forward two years and I had to have a tooth pulled. They told me to take the advil, I was really worried about taking it, so I made sure I ate mashed potatoes, pasta, lots of bread, milk, before I took it, and I didn't have any problems with it. (but if you follow my other post I packed on another 10 pounds! haha). So anyway, if you need to take it, make sure to thoroughly coat your stomach with something of substance and you shouldn't have a problem.

Nsaids and bad for the stomach and tylenol is bad for the liver. You just can't win!

• Posted

Well I'm being moderated. I'll give you the gist of my post. Nsaids are bad for your stomach, can cause gastritis. If you need to take it, make sure to take after eating a substantial meal (mashed potatoes, bread, pasta).

• Posted

Darn it !! Ok got it... Yes makes my gastritis flare up, which I never had before peri/meno, and so does many other things...
    • Posted

Suzanne - wow! We are similar! I can't take NSAIDS either. They make my stomach hurt and I feel nauseous. I can't even take Tylenol everyday! I have to space it every 3rd or 4th day! It's crazy! I've always been sensitive to meds but it really makes it tough when you're living with frozen shoulder pain or a migraine that wants to hang around more than a day! 

I tried BHRT last summer after going to a gyno that specialized in menopause. Not only did they make me feel worse, but I also bled almost the entire time I was on them and it was really heavy bleeding/clotting/cramping/back ache. I am always borderline anemic ( I take iron supplements) and the constant blood loss wasn't helping.  I stopped them and stopped bleeding late September and haven't had a period since. So, I'm now 8 months in. I was thinking once I crawled out of the peri phase and hit full blown menopause I'd be "on the other side" and be myself again... now I'm kind of worried these crap feelings/symptoms will stick around even afterwards! Gez! I hope not! 

I agree with your husband! It does feel like permanent punishment right now! I have even found myself watching older women ( like 75-80 yr olds)  who appear happy and perky and hope I feel like them one day! My mom feels better than me and she is 76!  And she had a full hysterectomy at age 34 and never had any HRT and she claims zero issues or symptoms afterwards! 

and one more thing.... you said you started having screaming fits when all things started hitting the peri fan. Well, I have become this wimpy little thing! I have always been bold and strong and opinionated but I find myself not talking as much, not raising my voice or debating things like I use to! I think my family ( husband and 2 of my 3 kids that still live at home) enjoy the quieter me! HA!! But I'm not so sure what the heck is going on! Lol! It's not bad to feel less aggressive but certainly not the Audra of 50 years that I know so well! 

Crazy stuff this menopause! 

• Posted

Audra, I also started having trouble with meds. Even the antibiotic I took for a UTI caused bad reactions. Tylenol made me so sick to my stomach. And an antacid raised my liver enzymes. It's like your whole body just reacts severely to everything. Recently I've since taken some advil after having a tooth removed and I was OK. I think I'm over the hypersensitivity to meds now, I hope. 

I also tried BHRT creams last year around this time. I was on for about three months and then I started getting the burning foot which I thought had to do with the creams, so I went off them. I was just too anxiety ridden to worry about side effects. Ran to the vascular doc twice with pain in my calf thinking I had a blood clot! Anyway, I've got a boatload of creams left, wonder if they keep their potency? 

My mom also feels better than me, and she's got so many health issues! She had a hysterectomy at 40, but they automatically put her on the estrogen patch even though she still had her ovaries. 

When this all first started I would fly off the handle pretty easily, but then after I got so sick, I was just a shell of myself. So I know what you mean. I lost all my feistiness. It's starting to come back though.

• Posted

The gastro doc said gastritis was caused by my nsaid use.

I never had issues with them before, it all started with peri. It was my very first symptom before total s**tay hit the fan. Gastritis and shortness of breath.

• Posted

Audra, also wanted to mention that I have very low ferritin levels. Last time checked it was an 8 (women our age should be at least 50-100). I was taking an iron supplement, one that was easy on the stomach, and it started working, my ferritin was slowly raising, and some of my symptoms were easing, but someone on here told me that iron supplements can cause your cholesterol to go high. So I had it tested and sure enough I went from 163 to 248! Needless to say I stopped the iron. The endocrinologist told me to eat red meat three times a week! Like that's not going to raise my cholesterol? So not sure what to do. I tried a liquid iron supplement from the health food store, not made from meats, but it was just awful, tastes like blood. Yuck.

• Posted

the first time I was officially diagnosed with gastritis was after my operation in 2016 when I was given a high dose of antibiotics...After my treatment within a week my stomach and my throat were burning for first time in my life! It was so scary!

​A lump in my throat and burning..loss of appetite for 3 months...excessive amount of burping

​Now I am very scared if I need to take antibiotics again...

• Posted

I know, I was very scared to take advil again, but the dentist office told to to just make sure I had something very substantial in my stomach. Not just some crackers, but mashed potatoes! So if you ever need to to take the antbx again remember to do that. You will probably be OK.

• Posted

Wow! An 8 is very low! I bet you were feeling dreadful! Mine is a 20. I take a supplement that is easy on the stomach but I have to take it every other day or my stomach feels shredded. I also eat chicken liver now and was told to eat beef several times per week. Last check my cholesterol was 180... that was back in October before I started the iron. No telling what it is now! Ugh! Since I haven't had a period since September, I'm planning on checking my whole iron panel soon to see what my levels are now and if I still need to take the iron supplement. I guess I'll add a lipid panel on with it! 

• Posted

Thank u for the tip...I remember that I was taking the doses (morning and night) after eating

?But my breakfast was a glass of milk and some crackers and I made the mistake to fall asleep immediately after taking the pill...After I read somewhere that I must wait for some hour before go to bed...

?It is certain that antibiotics irritate easily individuals with gastritis and digestive problems...

?I had to take also for my tooth another antibiotic but lower dose and I hadn't any problem that time ....

?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.