Winter wonderland

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I have awoken this morning to a lighter dawn - yes we have snow. Not as much as some parts of Yorkshire but enough to look absolutely beautiful. A blanket of pure white across everything, quite eerie as it also muffles sound and there is nobody else around as yet, no traffic noise, and not even any birds to break the silence.

However, this means I shall struggle to get about today, my main shopping day. Though I have shopped on-line I prefer to see what I am buying and don't believe their substitutions are always necessary. Still, that will be later on. For now I will enjoy my coffee and toast in this peaceful wonderland. I had quite forgotten how amazing the sight of virgin snow is.

I hope everyone is well, keeping warm and feeling as peaceful as I feel this morning.

Jacee

xx

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ann,

I am so not with it. Don't even know who Michael McIntyre is! My self-esteem is now dragging around my heels. But, fear not, I have far too high an opinion of myself to let it stay there for long!!

:diva:

Jacee

xx

• Posted

LoL Jacee - I reckon I only know he's a stand up comedian because my 24 year old daughter finds him hilarious and has dvds etc! He's a bit too frantic for me.

Ann xx

• Posted

........I could upload a photo of him if you like! (ducks behind settee) xx
  • Posted

Hi Everyone

I have now accepted the photo that was submitted for consideration to our site.

Every photo submitted on this site is automatically alerted for our attention to check that it is OK to be put on to the site - for various reasons.

Unfortunately (without seeming like a party pooper) for future submissions only medical photos are usually accepted on this site - sorry. You can always email each other your snowy pics smile.

Every posting made on this site is read by the Moderators, therefore any alerted posts waiting for our consideration will be looked at as soon as we are able to and this is usually on a daily basis.

Please contact us by email or PM should you have any further questions relating to the above.

Many thanks

EMIS Moderator (1) smile

• Posted

Sorry! I didn't mean to do anything wrong. :oops:

Was just trying to keep spirits up.

Promise to be good from now on!

Ann

• Posted

Thanks for letting that one through for us 'EMIS'. It will be really nice for Carole if she can get to see the pic.

Ann - nice one - I see what you mean about the irony! :wink: Van x

• Posted

Hi Everyone

Sorry I didnt read the post after saying the photo was taken from another website - unfortunately due to possible copyright issues I had to remove it.

We do appreciate that you are keeping the spirts up though , thank you!

EMIS Moderator (1) smile

• Posted

OK no problem.

It was a 'viewer's photograph' sent to the BBC news website.

Anyway no more photographs and sorry for any problems I've caused.

Ann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.