Wish I didnt have to take co-codomol

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im sure alot of you can feel my pain,

Im 18 and have been taking co-codomol for 4 years for chronic back pain, I used to take codine at 16 years old, but became addicted. Now im on 8 co-codomol a day and I cant even relax without taking it. Sometimes I almost feel like it makes my pain worse.

I just feel depressed and wish I didnt have to take it, now im taking that much some days I feel like it dosnt even work.

Dont get me wrong it give me great dreams, but its not worth it.sad

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well said Alleo. This is such a common problem. Any good GP will help you chloeanne and as Alleo said the doctor wouldn't prescribe them for no reason. Practice prescribing is very tightly scrutinised these days. Even though codeine is a cheap drug the practice pharmasist does monitor this so there's obviously a damn good reason it's on repeat prescription.
    • Posted

Thankyou Yeah I have Chronic back pain and scoliosis and im just in pain 24/7. But a lot of the time I just take the co-codomol because im so depressed about how much pain im in I just want to be off my face. Ive lost all of my friends because I will ill and I couldn’t go out. So im always in the house and I never go out so tbh the co-codomol is the only exciting thing in my life right now. It give me dreams about having fun with friends, and that’s why I keep taking themrolleyesThankyou guys honestly you don’t know how much it means that I can speak to you both. How are you both today?Chin upChloe x
  • Posted

read my page

cocodomol the silent deadly drug

you will understand

it's on here 😉

• Posted

Hello everyone. Is it safe to say that even when you've had your fix, you can still feel pains. I've been on these for some years (30/500) and lately I find that I am needing them more constantly and still feel achy and zapped of energy even when I've had a fix. I wouldnt say they have totally ruined my life, I live full and happy and really want to have a box handy, as they are the only thing that eases my Gallbladder and back pains (and occasional migraines), but I wish I could be a bit more controlled with them. But I recenlty started to think I had something else wrong with me as the pain, as you said, felt a bit worse or no better. Maybe my body wants more... I like a lot of people fell addicted totally by accident. I used them as perscribed for gallstones, then sometime later started to get achy legs and joints to which they worked great for (but those aches actually turned out to be withdrawals unknown to me at the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.