Wish me luck

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm going to a wedding today on my own.....and I'm nervous, but I want to be there.....would hate to miss it. Fingers crossed for me that I don't get too anxious xx

0 likes, 158 replies

158 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Wishing you an enjoyable day. Let us know how it went , a bit of nerves going anywhere on your own is natural. Position yourself so that you do not feel confined , say at the end of a seating row not in the middle. Good luck.
    • Posted

please see my reply to Tracy
    • Posted

I think you did remarkably well.
    • Posted

Thank you. I know I've built bridges yesterday, but I thought my mood would have been lighter today
  • Posted

Sometimes after an enjoyable situation there can be a feeling of anticlimax , your mind was taken off things for a while, I do believe this could be quite normal really. It is a step forward, don't expect to much of yourself to soon. Focus on the fact that you got there, and by your account had rather a nice time.
    • Posted

I'm glad I went....it would have been easy to shy away, but I would have let myself down, and always regretted it. They say low mood is the last symptom to lift (accompanied by motivation of course), and that's all I'm left with now, so fingers crossed it will lift soon. How long have you been on meds?
    • Posted

Hi iris when did your anxiety symptoms leave and did u feel sick, I keep getting spurts of anxiety but feel really sick x
    • Posted

Now it's strange you say that Tracy.....I think the main anxiety left me after about 3 weeks, to be replaced by nausea. A few weeks ago I enjoyed fish and chips, but I baulk at the thought of eating fried food right now. It's my low mood and my miserable face to go away
    • Posted

Was that after 3 weeks on 100mg , the anxietys really quite bad when it comes , just can't wait to feel relaxed, I've had no appetite for 6 months since I started with this lol, can't wait to get that bk, xxx
    • Posted

I'm crying now cos just want this anxiety to leave me and feel happy and outgoing like I was xx
    • Posted

I've actually bn on Sertraline for 10 yrs, but stayed on maintenance dose of 50 mg until last May....went up to 100 then 150mg. I seemed to level out...went to NZ on my own for 5 weeks. I'd had a big row with my daughter in Nov...didn't speak for 3 months. Came back from NZ end of Jan and we got back together again. It was then that my mood plummeted. Went back to doc in April, got 200mg....it hasn't disrupted sleep, I still drive (when I can be bothered to go out), just had steak/chips, but otherwise anxiety feelings gone, just got low mood and weepiness!
    • Posted

I'm relaxed alright......I'm like a beached whale!
    • Posted

So how long did it take for anxiety to go can u remember?? I have panic attacks aswell xx
    • Posted

Tracy.....it's good to cry....it releases stress.  For me also (and you too) I feel exasperated and frustrated by it all.  It's no fun
    • Posted

I would be fine if I could get rid of the anxiety!! That's what's getting me down xx
    • Posted

See if you can get some diazepam just for short term use till the sertraline kicks in. It's been a life saver for me. X
    • Posted

Hi I'm already on diazepam 2ng twice a day , feel a little calmer with it but not much lol, so I'd hate to think what I would b like without it ha, xx
    • Posted

My GP increased my dose to 5mg which helped. You can actually take max dose of 10mg. I take zopiclone at night to sleep & that really helps. I sound like some sort of junkie but whatever helps in the short term has to be good. It's not forever. Anxiety is the worst thing I have ever experienced. Hope things calm down soon for you. Xx
    • Posted

Actually had severe side effects vomiting, diarrhoea even on a lower dose, could not eat anything, stopped it. Am managing, although have anxious times, suffer with migraine that makes me vomit, so could not have more vomiting even on a migraine free day. Fortunately I have retired early and the pressure of not having to go out to work has made life easier, I can go to bed when I want to if I get a migraine , it does limit what I do a lot though.

• Posted

glad your GP gave you some Valium for the short term, mine would not give me any at all, I had never been on  it before either.
    • Posted

Yes my gp won't increase it!! I'm on mirtazipine aswell which I started on I'm on highest dose of that which does help me sleep then they decided to add the sertraline cos my anxiety wasn't subsiding, like I said I've only been on it nearly 3 weeks , first 2 weeks 50mg then the last 4 days 100mg so I'm hoping once they kick in I,ll start feeling a lot calmer, how long did it take for u? And thanks so much for all your support, it's nice to talk to other people who have suffered and can tell u there is a light at the end of the tunnel ha xx
    • Posted

How long did they take to kick in? And has your anxiety decreased now, did u suffer panic attacks aswell? Sorry for all the questions lol x
    • Posted

Hi Tracy and mumsie, had strange weekend! Went to the wedding and pleased I did so for my confidence, but I cried all day yesterday....expecting to feel much happier about myself and it didn't happen yesterday morning, so I was really on a downer (and on my own all day). Going to 3 different places today. Have a better day ladies x
    • Posted

Aww glad your feeling better, I feel a bit down today I just want this anxiety to leave me x
    • Posted

Hi iris

enjoy your day. Good to see you are keeping busy. Don't start the day with high expectations. It is what it is. If you are happier well that's a bonus. It'll all start to happen eventually & even then people get the odd blip. Xxx

• Posted

Hi Tracy

it took about 5 weeks. The 50mg didn't help so for the last 10 days I've been taking 100mg & this has really improved my anxiety & mood. I still feel another 2/3 weeks will make me even better. Yes my panic attacks were off the scale & im not experiencing these anymore. It's been a slow horrible last 5 weeks but in the grand scheme it's nothing. I still have the odd down day but doesn't everyone. Speak soon Tracy. Xx

• Posted

Hi mumsie and Tracy.....sitting here at a coffee morning/auction, and I don't know if the feeling inside me is flat mood or anxiety. 5 weeks tomorrow! I hope I start noticing soon! Don't want to change meds xx
    • Posted

Give it another couple of weeks iris. If no improvement then perhaps your dose needs increasing. Keep going. X
    • Posted

I'm on the highest dose!!!!! It would need a change of meds, but it's 5 weeks tmrw....will wait another 3 weeks....I see the doc at 8 weeks. My mind is as clear as a bell, but I'm all churned up inside
    • Posted

At least your out and about, that's good, like most people have said we need to give it time xx
    • Posted

Although this sickness feeling is awful!! Xx
    • Posted

For me it's the feeling in the diaphragm.....I wish it would do a runner
    • Posted

Yes I have that quite often, did u feel sick when u started on them xx
    • Posted

I was actually sick and could not tolerate them, but reading people's comments I think nausea is quite a common side effect, have you tried ginger tea?
    • Posted

No not sickly, but I've learned to run fast to the toilet
    • Posted

yes nausea is common but does subside in a week or so.......it's all on the info leaflet
    • Posted

Peppermint tea is supposed to be good too
    • Posted

No haven't tried that, I've not actually been sick but feel really sick xx
    • Posted

Hi mumsie, I've been quite down today but have pushed myself a lot and still feel anxious lol , I've only been on sertraline nearly 3 weeks and only on the 100mg 6 days , did u feel still quite bad when u had been taking them for this short time? Thanks xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.