Wish me luck

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm going to a wedding today on my own.....and I'm nervous, but I want to be there.....would hate to miss it. Fingers crossed for me that I don't get too anxious xx

0 likes, 158 replies

158 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well feel really proud of myself as I haven't drove far on my own since starting with this anxiety and panics or gone in big shops on my own, and I've just drove with my 6 year old and gone in two big supermarkets on my own with her!! Don't get me wrong I was very anxious and felt panicky but stayed in there and got what I needed , xxx
    • Posted

Well done to you Tracy...you now know you can do it without anything harmful happening to you.  That will give you the confidence to do it again.  Proud of you x
    • Posted

Well done you. Fight the fear. I used to have driving panic attacks especially on motorways. It used to stop me going up to Durham when my daughter was at uni which was so sad as I missed her so much. I overcame it though by forcing myself into that situation & with the help of antidepressants overcame it. I can drive all over the country now. I have panic attacks still but not driving. They are exhausting. X
    • Posted

I've read today that the anxiety and depression both lift together....logic really because it's the same chemicals which control both
    • Posted

Aww can't wait for the panics to stop there horrid !! Just need to keep pushing myself to get over the anxiety xx
    • Posted

It's the meds, with a little help from you, that will make you better.  Remember, this illness is NOT our fault, we did not choose it, but we will be far stronger when we emerge from it.
    • Posted

Very well put Iris. There is still such a stigma attached to depression. My 20 year old son suffers badly. I do feel it can be genetic. X
    • Posted

You are right....it can be genetic.  My mother and her sisters were quite often "bad with their nerves", and I had a cousin who didn't get out of her bed for two years. Fortunately, my son and daughter (both mid 40's) don't suffer at all.
  • Posted

Your right iris , think I'm heading in the right direction lol xx
    • Posted

You certainly are...a bit at a time.  There are days I think I'm still just the same, but I'm taking sneaky peeps in the garden, doing a bit of weeding, it's all subtle changes.  I just need a pill to get me to enjoy housework now! 
  • Posted

Hi mumsie pops and iris, how u both doing ? Xxx
    • Posted

Well Tracy I've felt quite poorly lately. Woke up yesterday morning feeling extremely dizzy. Called doctor and two nurses came out last night. It turns out I have an impacted eardrum...lots of ear wax...causing my dizziness, nausea and tinnitus. They listened to my chest, and I have pneumonia too. I thought my lack of appetite was due to the depression, but I'd had some blood in sputum (didn't tell anyone). So mix it all with depression, I don't feel too good. Got antibiotics....so tired. How are you?
    • Posted

Oh hell iris poor you. At least you know it's not the medication that's making you poorly. That's all you need on top of everything else. You seem a brave woman though so stay strong & soon you'll be over all this. 

Im doing ok. More positive just got a bit of a burning sensation n my head & lots of jaw clenching. Going to Palma in a couple of weeks so I'd like to see a bit more of an improvement. It'll be 7 weeks by then. Glad I'm not starting out again. They were the worst days ever!

how are you Tracy? Xxx

• Posted

I'm exhausted! I know depression causes tiredness, but not like this. Have you ever found antibiotics make you tired, or is it more likely the infection?
    • Posted

You're bound to be exhausted if you've got pneumonia. It's the infection not the antidepressants.you are over thinking things!! 

Listen to your body & if you can get some rest that would help. Bacterial infections & viruses can knock you for six. You'll need to give all this time before you feel like you've git energy again. Look after yourself & try not to worry. X

• Posted

Hi mumsie pop, not been too good the last two days , quite anxious and weeping , but I've only been on sertraline 3 weeks tomorrow and the 100mg 1 week so need to give them more time lol, have just been to see the pharmacist about taking multi vitamins and minerals as I have no appetite and she said that was fine ! And also told me that sertraline is a really good med for anxiety but give it 4-6 weeks to get the full affects, . Xxx
    • Posted

She is right. 4/8 weeks I was told. You're nearly there. 

Pit took a good 10days on 100mg to start feeling a lot better & even now 5 weeks on I've still got to improve I hope. I get burning sensations in my head & jaw clenching & even though the anxiety is so much better I find it hard to relax. Getting there though!! How does a fly eat an elephant ?

A: bit by bit!! That's me. Xxx

• Posted

It means that when my ear infection, my pneumonia and my depression clear up.....you're all invited to my party. I did read that it takes 4-8 weeks for S to kick in until your body has made new brain receptors.
    • Posted

Aww it's good to hear the anxiety is lifting!! I've had the funny sensations in my head but that was due to the anxiety as I had that before taking sertraline, anyway onwards and upwards, we will all get there and come out stronger xxx
    • Posted

Yes pharmacist said 4 weeks to get into system, xx
    • Posted

Hi me again mumsie pops lol, just wondering how long u have been on the diazepam and how often u take them thanks x
    • Posted

Hi tracy

the doc gave me a months supply at the beginning which was 5 weeks ago. I took 2mg as & when I needed them. They weren't really doing much as my anxiety was so bad so she increased to 5mg. I only took about 4 of these. 1 each day & then the Setraline kicked in. I no longer take them but I feel secure that I have them for emergency use. X

• Posted

Ok thanks I've been taking 2mg twice a day for 8 weeks !! I want to start cutting down now as to be honest I don't think there really doing anything as I'm still quite anxious even after taking them, I've been on sertraline 3 weeks today so I think I need to give them a bit longer don't I?? Xx
    • Posted

Yes definitely Tracy. Give them another 2 weeks & then maybe increase your dose. It was week 4+ for me that I noticed a difference but I still have dark days. X
    • Posted

Yes definitely. The anxiety has gone but some days my moods are low. I can cope with theft though it's the anxiety which is a killer for me. X
    • Posted

That's the killer for me !! Constantly anxious even at home, sorry to keep asking questions lol, but how long were u on sertraline before the anxiety went, my seems quite bad at min x
    • Posted

Well I'm so very lethargic....just out of bed. Hoping the antibiotics work soon and I feel less fatigued/tired. Hope my mood will lift too....I'm like a wet mop
    • Posted

Ask as many questions as you like. That's what it's all about helping & reassuring. 

After 3 weeks on 50mg my anxiety was terrible. The doc then increased my dose to 100mg. The first 2days I felt suicidal & then everything calmed down & ive been so much better since. Have been on 100mg for nearly 2weeks now & might even consider going up to 150mg but will wait another 2/3 weeks till after my hols as I don't want to experience that same feeling when I "up" my dose. I do feel very tired at the moment. Probably cos of this awful weather. I also need to get out & do something. I quit my job at a school last July after 13 years. My 3 kids have all left home so I've got a lot of time on my hands which is never a good thing when you are depressed. Too much thinking time!!

• Posted

you are poorly though Iris. Listen to your body & take your time to recover. Don't beat yourself up. Get well soon. X
    • Posted

I've been on 100mg 1 week so I hope I start to calm down lol, I've just come by myself to a relaxation class!! Can't believe I've got here x
    • Posted

I don't know how much is pneumonia and how much I'd depression tbh
    • Posted

Did anyone use to feel lightheaded when they stood for a bit, or could that be my panics or anxiety x
    • Posted

It's different for everyone though. I'm sure it'll start to work very soon. I was on paroxatine before & that took about 4 months to work. Stopped working after 4 years so that's why I've changed a/d's. X
    • Posted

Yes I was on citalopram for 6 years and stopped working, so they put me on mirtazipine then added the sertraline xx
    • Posted

I'm starting to wonder if the way I'm currently feeling is due to pneumonia or depression. Can't be bothered to do anything, no appetite, sleeping all the time. It makes me wonder if I will spend the rest of my life in this armchair. It doesn't make it easier living alone, but then I don't have anyone to look after either.
    • Posted

Iris try not to worry , u will feel like that cos your unwell, I'm sure once your better you.ll b fine, let us know how u get on xx
    • Posted

The strange thing is, I haven't had that knotted feeling in my stomach for 3 days
    • Posted

It sounds like your pneumonia. But that's also bound to lower your mood. When you have recovered from that I'm sure you'll have more energy. Give it time. Took my mum 3/4 weeks to fully recover from pneumonia. It saps all your energy. Keep us posted. X
    • Posted

Well that's a positive, I'm sure like I said its prob due to you being ill xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.