Withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi just coming of Mirtazapine 15mg 6months and been on diazapan 6mg a day down for the last 2 weeks on 7.5mg Mirtazapine and 6mg of diazapan but out of the blue the anxiety has hit me like a brick don't no if it's only because l only taken 4mg of diazapan the last to days or not is anyone else going through this at the moment would like to no how you are dealing with this P

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was on 45 mg mitrizapine and just stopped taking them as I felt they were doing nothing for me.I have been reading on forum of all the effects coming of them I had the bad effects on them I think aa it goes we are all individuals and no matter what it effects us all different I hope ur anxiety calms down as it is a terrible feeling but really the meds I think for me didn't help
    • Posted

Hi Linda

When did you stop Mirt ??  And how long were you on it for??

So few get off it CT with a problem, maybe you are one of the luckier ones?

• Posted

Hi been on them for over a year 30mg up to 45mg stopped 3months ago got put on them to help me with depression due to the death of my son but felt no better on them than of .I am at an all time low but this is something I am going to carry around with me till I die take care
  • Posted

Hi Paul

You poor thing, you did a 50% cut going from 15 to 7.5 mg, this is steep, too big for most.  

Usually a 10% reduction every 2 - 3 weeks is recommended - although not by doctors, they think you can come off quickly, well most doctors do anyway, mine included.  This can be done by dilution method, or if you are in the UK you may be able to get the liquid Mirt on prescription, I have this.

If not able to get the liquid have a look at Evergreens' instruction of how to dilute, and work out the 10% fro the previous amount.  I would say that if your symptoms are too uncomfortable, with chronic anx & sickness etc ... it is possible to go back a little step to the 15 mg until you feel settled again, this may take a day or two, and then start properly.

I hope this helps you a little, not enough advice is available on how to WD from this very strong AD, it's such a pity we have to go through this when we are feeling better then hit that "BAM BRICK WALL" that is withdrawal.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-to-make-a-home-made-liquid-to-taper-off-mirtazapine-502540

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.