Withdrawal no picnic

Posted , 6 users are following.

My BP was a little high one day, my Cardiologist put me on 5mg of Amlodipine.  I never associated symptoms of short breath, anxiety, panic, malaise, etc., with the drug.  Rather, I was refered to a psychiatrist who added Lexapro.  When that didn't do the trick, Wellbutrine was added.  When that didn't improve the symptoms, the dose was doubled.  After several months, I became profoundly depressed.  All I thought about all day long was dying.  One day, I decided, "ENOUGH".  I quit everything.  Withdrawal is a bitch..miserable.  I've been suffering those effects for three months.  It slays me to think it was the Amlodipine the whole time.  Every Dr. of mine acts like I'm crazy...as if I'm a "problem child".  I find no sympathy.  Hope I get better.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Too true, Michael.  Read, 'My Stroke of Insight', by Gill Bolte Taylor.  A brain scientist par excellence, recovering from a massive stroke, but being able to identify her 'neuronal circuits' ie - which part of the brain was working or not - found that thinking compassionate, kind thoughts helped her recovery process.  Get the book now.  Also, as a cognitive behavioural therapist I see the power of thinking, negative and positive, with my clients.

Actually, it's there in the Bible, too;  'Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow life's consequences.'  Proverbs 4:23.  Look it up!

Keep doing it - persist.  A study with Compouserve employees (remember Compouserve?) proved that it works powerfully.

• Posted

its the slippery slope well done for getting a hold takes a hero to trust oneself wish you the best and always hold on younever know  you past the test and you are not craxzy stay safe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.