withdrawal symptoms. .

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anyone else been on tramadol and finding giving them up very difficult?  After about twelve hours without one, I get trembling hands, nausea, horrifying nightmares, breathlessness. . . If you're taking tramadol and haven't tried giving it up yet, maybe you shuld think about getting off them as soon as possible. I've been taking about 100 mg a day for five weeks , quite a low dose. . . .and I have to say that it really helped the pain, and let me do the exercises and walk . . .but if I'd known giving them up was so difficult, I may have thought twice about it. . . Never thought I would be an  addict, but basically that's what it is. . .

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was on 6 (zaldiar) a day paracetamol & tramadol. I used to feel very dithery especially if I had to get up during the night, when I started trembling during the day, I decided stupidly to stop taking them & just take paracetamol, big mistake, I had the worst nightmare I had ever had, also apparantly I was shouting & calling for my mother, my husband said I was very distressed. I decided the best way was to cut down gradually, 5 a day then four & so on, I sometimes take just 1 before I go to physio & I am ok with that.I was telling one of my neighbours & they had been through exactly the same thing. So I agree with you, they could become addictive if you're not careful.

Lynn 

• Posted

I've been to the doc today, and he also has taken tramadol for back pain, and says exactly the same!  You should not stop completely as I did as the results are pretty bad . . nightmares, trembling, stomach cramps etc. . .I've now been two days without it, so I don't know whether to stick with it, or just take half a tablet in the morning when I most need the relief to do the exercises and walk . . . Several people I've talked to have had terrible hallucinations while taking tramadol . .have to admit, I was fine while taking it, reasonably pain controlled, and a lot more positive than I feel at the moment!  So, not quite sure which way to go, but I have a prescription for them so I'll see how I feel tomorrow!
    • Posted

I now take 2 tramadol at night and 2 in morning if I feel I need it...If not I just take my normal pain relief but to be honest I find I'm not taking that as much either but I won't hesitate if I need it...blow that I'm not suffering lol
    • Posted

Well, last night I took half a Zaldiar, which is 37 grams of tramadol and 325 of paracetamol because it was two in the morning, and there was no way I could stay still in bed for more than seven seconds at a time. . and it wasn't exactly pain . .just a total inability to stay still!  the very small dose of tramadol seemed to work though and I don't remember being awake much after that!
    • Posted

I had to take 2 tramadol last night and a nerve pain tablet as I too couldn't keep still it drives me up the wall but I must have conked out as didn't sleep too bad...For once
    • Posted

It may very well be tramadol (or lack of it!) which is actually helping cause the insomnia. . Definitely is in my case . . . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.