Wobbly and weak

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies - just wondered if anyone else feels strange when maybe overdoing things. Been doing stuff in garden and loads of housework but had to lie down as feeling weird, hard to describe but slightly detached and spaced out and very weak all over like my hand can't clench a fist kind of, almost like gonna pass out ?? Surgical menopause no HRT , not the first time I've been like this but it passes it's just horrible. Thanks everyone xx

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I get that too. I don't have regular periods anymore and some of it could be hormonal but mine I think is due to tight muscle in the neck. It's horrible. Xx
    • Posted

Yes it's awful - almost like the beginning of a panic attack that doesn't actually turn into one, I get those too - it's a very scary thing.
  • Posted

Hi. I feel exactly like this. Medical menopause and no hrt too. It's like your about to get shakes and light headed without it actually coming to fainting. It's horrible! Can you take any hrt? Medical menopause hits harder as go from all to nothing rather than decline gradually. 😐
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply and sorry you are the same - no I can't take HRT as get awful migraines aswell. Feel rubbish today actually, strange feeling hasn't gone away and don't know what to do to feel better, it feels like a heavy hangover, shaky and distant from everything - feeling slightly of doom and gloom, horrible x
    • Posted

I also suffer migraines but have been told that I can experiment with hrt that doesn't affect me as not all do. I'm only 40 so want to take something due to other risks of not having estrogen throughout the next 20 years. Higher chance of osteoporosis and dementia for a start. It is a horrid feeling having everything taken away and menopause forced. I'd see your Gp and explain how you feeling there maybe something else that can help x
    • Posted

Thank you for reply - I'm sorry you suffer migraines aswell, has your GP given you anything for them ? I take sumatriptan which just takes the edge off but you have to catch them early or I'm in trouble. You are younger than me and quite understand why you want to experiment with HRT to find the right one for you. My GP just said I would be going through it at my age anyway so no point in my having it ! yes he's a man, and a useless one at that ! I can't accept that feeling like this is ' ok ' surely not. I have been thinking lately of ringing my Consultants secretary and begging for an appointment - I'm 53 and surely I have a lot of living to do yet, I want to enjoy life and be happy again, there must be another way xx
    • Posted

My Gp has said I can take into my 60s but reduce down at 52 normal average menopause age as having medical menopause gets rid of estrogen altogether whereas if going though it naturally ovaries produce small amounts into 70s perhaps 80s. My mum had oophorectomy in her 70s and started having hot flashes again so her ovaries must have produced something. I'd ask for another consultation. Have you tried herbal and dietary changes. I've hears sage, flax and soy all help.
    • Posted

No havnt tried anything herbal or otherwise as I don't know what I'm doing ! as in what to take and what amounts etc. . . .awful for your mum to have to go through all that again later in life, God us women do really have some rotten challenges to deal with . . . .i think I will ring hospital next week and try to get an appointment before my Consultant retires - although I have been discharged I'm sure he said he would see me without having to go through my GP, I'm gonna have to as I dread every day and no one should have to live like that without help should they ? X
    • Posted

Definitely not but failing that play the I want to see a female Dr card and get a second opinion. Good luck x
    • Posted

Yes I will, thank you very much for being there , it's just got to that point now, have to do something as this is no good any more and do t want to go on like it any more. Thanks again, look after yourself x
  • Posted

Lou ,I get odd days like that ,think mine is either meno ,or blood pressure dropping to fast ,or combo of both ,gyne will do it ,hormone levels going up and down .

I got out of bed to fast,knock on front door ,dealt with that ,went into kitchen ,felt weird how you describe,got AV today ,that can be another factor ,to feeling not right .

All you can do is just go sit quiet ,as Im having to do ,it will pass ,stress of all of it ,plus my tinnitus has been screaming since I got up ,all add on to the feeling of being not right .

Hope your feel okay as your day goes by ,just pace yourself daily .Do you get your BP checked ?

• Posted

Hi Marlene - sorry you havnt been feeling great either, so sick and tired of all this and would just love a symptom free day - some days better than others but bad outweigh the good to be honest - I have tinnitus aswell in my left ear that never stops but I didn't have it before all this, and that's awful in itself I feel for you . Sorry for moaning just having a horrible day and feel like crying, BP fine when last checked - also have under active thyroid which am on thyroxine for. I know it could be worse but sometimes it's so much to cope with and feel like disappearing x
    • Posted

I hear what your saying Lou ,Im sick and tired of it all ,every day dealing with it all ,anxiety around me everyday ( no meds ) It's not moaning ,it's how these issues make you feel ,can't shake them off ,just got to read the meno post ,says it all .Bad days do out way any good ,forgotten what any good day was ,it's been so long .

I like you don't like these light headed turns ,but I do remember my mother had days when she use to get these ,had to hold onto something quick ,now it's me having to do this on odd days .

Sorry you've got this tinnitus going ,that's a nightmare living 24/7 with that alone ,in past 4 yrs I've developed Mdds ( Mal de Debarquement syndrome ) ,feels like I'm on a boat constant ,only time I'm fine with having that is when I'm driving ,don't have it then. This can be meno symptom ,Im not sure about anything anymore .

I have also got IBS since all this began ,stress related I believe ,Im like everyone saying so done with all these symptoms we all get ,and all the different Gyne infections that go with it .umpteen of those .

I can't have HRT ,close family history ,I had a thrombosis early on ,plus Breast lump removed .

Wish I had the answers ,like you .One thing in your favor ,your BP is okay .Thyroid you have ,so one good one bad for you ,wonder if your on thyroid med ? That's playing you up ,my cousin. Low thyroid gets very light headed ,even dropped to the floor on occasion .

Stay looking at post ,I've learnt far more on here from females ,than any drs surgery .Feel sorry for those who are not able to get onto a computer ,and gain from these sites .X 

• Posted

Thank you for reply - I'm so sorry you have so much to deal with, how on earth do you cope with it all, I guess as strong women we keep hoping things will get better one day - imagine waking up feeling good, that would be such a treat.! I say waking up but I don't sleep well either maybe three hours if I.m lucky. Yes am on thyroxine 125mcg, was on 150 before surgery but levels changed at last blood test, heart was racing away with bumps and jitters so knocked level down but it may need checking again. You say about your mum and you remember her going through it, my mum sailed through and told me she noticed nothing different, her periods stopped and that was that - bit different with us though! When I see women my age ( 53) racing around, smiling and having a lovely time I have to say I do feel a little jealous and think " oh lucky you" , when will I feel like that again, anyway we must hope for better times ahead one day and try our best to ride this awful storm - and yes I will keep reading on here and I'm so glad we have this site to talk to each other, modern technology does have its advantages ! Take care lovely lady and thanks for everything xx
  • Posted

Yes me too and often, more so this last few days as well, affects my legs, feeling very fatigued, nauseated, But then ive been told i have M.E. as well and pass menapausal ay 65 though why they call it pass or post  i dont know cos i think you always get different things crop up no matter what stage they call it. Had a horrible night with dizziness again too. Cant take the vagifem because of side affects so no hrt at all. i do need to change my diet though as to much sugar certainly isnt helping but sometimes you feel so fed up you indulge and pay later!

Sue x

• Posted

Oh dear Susan, I'm sorry you are suffering too, seems like lots of us are. I had no idea I would feel so horrible most of the time, digestion issues aswell like you say with the sugar, I get stomach ache if I eat something maybe I shouldn't and didn't have that before either - is this really how it's going to be now for however how long ? I'm 18 months into surgical menopause and it's dreadful, I feel castrated and knackered like a worn out rag with no life left in it - have tried exersise but no energy, I go for a walk but turn round and come back to the sofa as I can't be bothered and too much effort - just wanted to blitz the house today and put some daffodil bulbs in pots and this is how it's left me, back on the sofa again feeling rubbish x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.