woke up with racing heart and it won't slow down

Posted , 7 users are following.

I woke up this morning I did not feel ok I still don't it's not a anxiety feeling and keep getting on and off chest aches and pains I feel Dizzy and just not well but can't put my finger on why I feel so unwell my heart started pounding as soon as I got out of bed at 9 and now it's 12 and my pulse is ranging from 102-145 I have had a heart us that showed nothing and a holter that also showed a good heart but my heart just won't slow down it was even high at hospital last week but they said it's because I'm in hospital even though I tried to explain it's Been like it all week I'm sat resting with a heart rate of 102+ im scared what damage is happening as I don't feel good as it is I was suppose to go to doctors today but my partners working and until late and I can't go out on my own does anybody know what it could be when I have been told by doctors and hospital my heart is Normal im not anxiouse today either it's just this ill weird feeling xx

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also had about 12 ecgs in a year and they saI'd all normal and nothing to worry about but then one paramedic said I had irregular heartbeat and have I ever been told I have this I mentioned I to hospital they did a ecg and said I haven't got a irregular heart beat on the ecgs there
  • Posted

Your struggling at the minute aren't u Hun? You have posted a lot on here lately xx
    • Posted

I am really struggling 😕 Feels like one thing after another I know im doing my own head in having to post all the time wish I could just be me again xx
  • Posted

Steph same with me today racing heart thats it its gotta be anxiety did you not end up going docs x
    • Posted

No my partner is working overtime so I can't go unless I go on my own which is near impossible 😕 really need to go aswell xx
  • Posted

It's all anxiety related hun I was same before I started taking my tablets my heart was a lot higher than yours, you feel dizzy because your heart is going so fast, I had chest pains too and still get them now again, just try to relax and control your breathing I'm here if you need to chat xx
    • Posted

Really !! Why does it do this too u I don't even feel anxious got a migrain and room spin now I guess it's from stress of it all 😢 xxx
    • Posted

No I didn't feel anxious either when it all started I was just laid in bed, and I went all dizzy and my heart was pounding out of my chest, just try to take your mind off it I know it's hard you should get yourself to doctors to get some tablets to help with your heart rate and anxiety xxx
    • Posted

I do he said that thee not worth the side effects though last time to me I just feel helpless my hearts fine at the minute but a soon as I stand it's pounding again got a horrible headache my friend just rang for hi self got some advice of a anxietysupport worker who said that it's just flight mode making you want to flee not that it helped me lol as I really just feel so awful but will try my best get doctors tommorow xx
  • Posted

At least posting on here means you are getting things off your chest. Missing a doctor's appointment is not a good thing though. You really must force yourself to go. I know it's not easy as when I was anxious and depressed I would open and shut the door several times before I got a foot outside. Please, please try. It really is for your own good.
    • Posted

I know it's bad thing is I can't go on my own anywhere I don't know what's wrong with me I go really anxiouse horrible symtoms or paranoid so going by myself even if I did I would end up in a ambulance because my body dramatically dramatises my symtoms lol xx
  • Posted

I was like this steph for about six weeks. Constantly checking my pulse and the more you check the worst it gets. I promise promise promise PROMISE this is all anxiety!!! x
  • Posted

Hi Steph. I have every sympathy for you, it is a scary symptom. I often wake in the night with a racing heart, why? I'm at my most relaxed apparently! One day my heart was racing all day so went to docs who said he was going to call an ambulance 'just in case'. Ever since then I have been scared into thinking I have a heart problem when the the many tests say I don't. Even going for my appointments was scary as I suffer from mild claustrophobia so being in a big hospital was awful, not knowing how to get out or being far from the exit is scary for me and causes a racing heart. I made myself go though. Played games on my phone for distraction which reduced my symptoms a little. Seems like life throws one lump of crap after another but somehow we are still here. Try and be strong, I know how hard it is x
    • Posted

I was same Lucy it just came out blue all this a month ago while I was in bed, iv been to hospital four times with my heart rate and I was convinced I had a heart problem cos it was just constantly racing but like you had tests and all is normal I'm on beta blockers for it now x
    • Posted

Ah I hope the beta blockers are working, I was taking them and initially but they made me so dizzy I couldn't stand still, reduced the dose right down then came off them. Need something though as lots of stress in my life right now and my body copes by having panic attacks! It helps knowing I'm not alone with these feelings and I hope it is some comfort to all the other sufferers out there x
    • Posted

Yeah they are hun I'm on sertraline for my anxiety too, you should go to the doctors I'm sure they will give you something if your suffering from panic attacks, I know what you mean I feel so much better knowing other people go through the same cos your not alone and can talk to others going through same x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.