Wondering ..

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've not long been told I've got cellulitis in my right leg, it's still very painful, but it's starting to bruise? Is this normal?

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello ,

I've woken up today and the redness has pretty much cleared, however it's still really painful? What's the best thing to do, still go down A&E and get it checked again?

• Posted

Have you finished all your anti biotics? I would still go and tell them you are in awful pain and see what they say, it's no good putting up with the pain, the worst thing that can happen is that will give you better pain killers.

• Posted

Yeah, that's true, there's still outlines of a mark there still looks slightly bruised to me. But I'm in a fair amount of pain and taking paracetamol isn't helping much at all.

• Posted

When I had the redness they free a line around it with a market pen, after the IV the pain went and the redness shrunk and eventually went, paracetamol is not good enough, tell them how bad the pain is, tell them it hurts to walk and is affecting your life in a bad way.
    • Posted

Yeah , my redness has gone down a fair bit , but the pain is just horrible and yeah paracetamol isn't strong enough but that's what they told me to take for pain , but isn't doing nothing.

• Posted

I wouldn't put up with that, at the very least you need something stronger.

• Posted

Yeah, well redness has moved down slightly but still there. And brushing is pretty bad.
    • Posted

Go to the hospital now, please it's for your own good.

• Posted

Yeah I will do , and going to tell them I can barely walk either
    • Posted

Hello,

Sorry I've not been in contact for a while I ended up going down A&E as I couldn't physically walk due to the pain, I'm now on crutches and due to the pressure of walking it caused it to become very swollen and that was effecting my muscles as to why I couldn't walk, I still can't walk properly on it now but I'm really hoping I'll be able to real soon I'm still on crutches and just resting as much as possible.

If any systems get worse they advised I get myself straight back down A&E again but they are hoping I have a full recovery.

However I have a question my Cellulitis was started by a Gnat Bite so from now on does that mean if I have another I'm going to end up with Cellulitis again ?

• Posted

I don't know Chloe,i didn't have a bite, not sure how I got it.

• Posted

Just going to have to be careful I think as I've got another two bites so slightly worried just in case.

• Posted

chloe can you keep it covered or use some cream avon do a cream that a lot hikers/campers use in scotland for the midges    but thats only if you can use near cellulitus main thing i have found is to keep checking leg/feet for any kind of breaks

• Posted

When I went to the go he prescribed rib socks, they didn't have any in when I went so I will get them later today, also another GP prescribed double base cream, it forms a protective barrier.

• Posted

Yeah, I'm going to look in getting something as just worried if I have bites it's going to cause the same thing and pain and I don't want to have it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.