Word finding

Posted , 15 users are following.

How many of you have experiences brain fog and language changes? I notice for the last 1-1/2 I have a hard time finding the right word or I'll say a word and it will be opposite but similar to what I'm searching for. For instance, I might want to say "12 noon", but itll come out "12 midnight". Odd stuff like that...

Please tell me this is a peri thing and I'm not starting to lose my mind! LOL.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This has happened to me over the last 6 months.....I think it's normal with Peri/Meno.

• Posted

I have the brain fog too, I used to work in a seniors home so immediately go to that I'm either getting dementia or Alzheimer, it scares me

• Posted

Totally understand this. I have a similar background, so thats always first and foremost in my mind, too. I treat dementia people every day. Plus, my grandma and her three sisters all had dementia in their 80's. I will do everything in my power not to live the end of my life like that.

• Posted

YES I have and do , I think lots of us experience this brain fog and language changes and exactly the way you described it too!

• Posted

ME! It is very scary at times and so unlike me. I notice that it getting worse since not having a period for over 3 months. My Gyn has recommended bio replacement hormones. She has personally noticed a significant improvement with symptoms, including memory loss.

• Posted

I'm like this too and have found myself not making conversation because i forget words the right word or what I'm talking about in mid sentence, this is so flustrating and i end up feeling stupid.

i know how your feeling Charcey and its so annoying BUT i do try to laugh at myself when im on my own as i come out with such rubbish

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean. Happens to me often. Also during teaching, which is a pain in the...!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.