Work

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone went back to work too soon? I intend to go back to work next month, that will be 16 weeks after tkr. I'm doing great with walking and stuff but haven't really been on my feet for more than an hour, maybe 2 at the most. My concern is I'll be on my feet at work for 8 hours and don't know if it's doable.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m 14 weeks post TKR & I’m on a phased return to work which is working well, luckily work (school) have been very understanding, but might ask to do a few more hours after Christmas as I am on my feet all day it is hard work.  I wouldn’t recommend going straight to full time hours if you could help it. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanx. I know I jumped in on this thread for Benefit
  • Posted

Hi Loiuse, haven’t gone back to work yet myself, been 6 weeks , but thinking i will def be back to work at 10 weeks and i drive a lot for work - like 1500 miles a month, so def nervous about that sad good luck 
    • Posted

Oh wow, that's a lot of driving. I hope you're ready for that, that'll definitely be hard going

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.