Work and Fibroids

Posted , 9 users are following.

I need to start a new job in September and I do not know how I am going to go to work and not miss days with bleeding and the clots that overtake any pads or tampons. Advice?!? I am 47 and trying to not have any surgical procedures done.

Thank you!

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had 35 plus fibroids and lived with it for too long! Getting my hysterectomy was life changing! you will feel so much better!
    • Posted

What kind did you have (if you don't mind me asking). I am waiting for a date and tbh I am really nervous. Thankfully I have spoken to another lady here and she has helped settle my nerves a lot, but with so many horror stories (I really should not keep looking!) it is great to hear success stories that remind me why I am doing this!!

Thanks

Barb xx

• Posted

I had laproscopic but had another procedure 1 day prior to my surgery. Because my fibroids were huge doc tried injections to try to shrink fibroids to make surgery easier. I did not work at all. The worst part about surgery is the anxiety before. After it's over you will say omg I should of done that a long time ago! Good luck! If you have any more questions you can ask amytime!!

• Posted

I would like laparoscopic but my gynecologist said mine are too big and in the lining, but I have been on Esmya for 9 months and they feel smaller but he is insisting on TAH, I would much rather have the less invasive option!! I can't understand why he won't even consider it. I haven't had a scan for nearly a year so he can't possibly know if they have shrunk! I want the recovery time to be as short as possible, just want all of this over with!

Every one that I have spoken to have asked why I have waited so long (probably would if been much easier if I had dealt with it sooner!) They all say it was the best thing they did as they got their lives back and feel so much better! I am a wimp I think and worry myself stupid!! I will be a wreck beforehand I think, always think I will feel worse after and wish I had left it all alone! I am 51 and just wish my menopause would kick in.....but how long to you wait, already been waiting for around 3 years and no sign yet.....bloody mother nature is not playing ball!!

Many thanks for your help, really does calm me a bit (if that is possible).

Barb x

• Posted

Hi Marci,

Well I finally have my date for TAH hysterectomy, I am trying to keep positive and calm, got ages as not until 17th Aug so got to just concentrate on getting prepared! I have had a dreadful wheel of pain (ended up at hospital and given morphine) so has really reminded me why I need this op!

Any advice or nuggets of wisdom would be gratefully received......and of course remind me how much better you feel afterwards lol!! I am very nervous, but also can't wait for this awful part of my life to be behind me, can't wait to feel normal again........and not look pregnant......and wear white trousers!!

Thanks for listening

Barb xx

• Posted

Hi Barb, I'm glad you have a date for your surgery! Of course it is normal to be nervous and have 2nd thoughts if this is the right decision for you! I am sure you will feel 100 times better! I am on vivelle dot estrogen patch now for menepause symptoms. I was having 20 hot flashes and many night sweats and moodiness. The patch helps with all that but I have gained 35 lbs since January??Haven't changed any thing and I exercise 3 day a week. But I feel great! Good luck with your surgery and let me know how it goes!

Marci

• Posted

Hi Marci, I am home and feeling ok, only a week down the road but surprised at how well I feel. I am very slow in everything that I do and am taking it easy, want to have best chance at healing! I now realise that I made the right decision as was a bit of a mess in there, I am looking forward to feeling the benefits of having this done! 😀 hope all is good with you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.