Working to save my knee from surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I'm back to a health group I was on some yrs back and am refreshed with some of the new inputs.....

I've talked about my OA knee and not wanting surgery and looking at Prolozone and Prolotherapy and it was good to hear this from a therapist in Malaysia...I have had some good results with Prolo but never did Prolozone which is very different therapy....here is what he said...so gives me more encouragement to attempt ozone for the knee.  I'm so glad I went back over to this group....

Hi, I am a therapist from Malaysia,

I would like to share about few of therapies that i have found to work on thousands of my patient for most orthopaedic problems.

1. Prolozone/ Ozone Discolysis

2. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)

3. PRP Prolozone

4. Stromal vascular fraction (Autologous Adipose Derived Stem cells)

These are cell therapy and ozone therapy which is considered "off label" in Malaysia. its a safe, very fast result and patient will feel significant improvement only with one session. I would say it is a very worth last resort option before surgical intervention. 

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow Joy this is what we need to be thinking of. I had nothing from my consultation for HA injections. Told me there was no evidence to say it was any better than NSAIDs. So lightened my wallet without giving me any treatment other than to say I had better mobility than him. Yeah right drugged up on painkillers. Soon as they wear off I'm crippled. I would think that combined therapy very expensive as they're using your own fat cells and would draw those off,  centrifuge or whatever they do and re inject.  I've been offered HA 2ml jab for about 700usd. 2ml!!!  Let's face it surgeons aren't going to let go of the THR business easily unless it yields equal rewards.  Maybe a you've said previously what is just is. ..
    • Posted

Gen, I had the HA injections in this narley knee a few yrs apart and they never did anything, just made pharma richer as Medicare paid out lots of money for these injections that did nothing....There are HA capsules  you could TRY, I've done this with both low and high dosing and don't think it helped much if any.

What is your MAIN issue?   J 

• Posted

Joy I am trying to avoid THR as my unoperated side is quickly deteriorating.  I had hoped that HA might delay by lubricating the joint.  The surgeon wwho saw Me knew what I wanted and had the xray. And in agreeing to see me I thought we were going ahead.   He said to wait until I couldn't walk. Waste of Time and money.  But why not do something before you need surgery if you've been diagnosed with progressive osteo arthritis and need permanent painkillers. Both sides now equally painful and I can't walk for more than 20 mins max even with painkillers. 
    • Posted

So you are anxious to do the other one, but the one operated one is a problem right?   My replacement is a mess and I walk very little, stor etc and where I have to go and yes Ibuprofen to and DGLto protect my stomach.

Only pain I don't have now is groin but so much more since the replacement....in many other areas of body.

My neighbor who is 86 had a posterior when I had anterior 4 months apart and she was doing good, walking quite a bit and doing so much for herself....she's alone and deals also with messy back and knees and foot and and and....

Recently she was seeing a PT for back strengthening and the work caused WORSE issues and now she can hardly walk at all.   She's had to take her cane out and it seems all the new PT made things worse for her.

I hope I can get thru the rest of my life and no more surgery, hobble etc whatever I have to do I will to avoid the knoves...

So much pain, and my mom made it to 91 and no replacements....and had pretty narley OA.      Joy

My neighbor's neighbor walks with a cane and is a pretty big mess with back etc...but will NOT do surgery of any kind.....maybe she's in less pain than me and my friend.......J 

• Posted

Gen, I  just looked in at the other group and the prolozone comments and one person comment that she is getting some help with prolozone for the hip issue she deals with.......IF you can possibly look into this where you are it's a good idea but I don't know how terrible  your hip is....worth looking into anyway if you can.    J
    • Posted

Thanks joy. Im going to research this locally but I fear it won't be successful.  OAis diagnosed by xray but who knows what is going on in the joint.  Hydrogen peroxide is a miracle in itself but it will never carry weight in the medical community. I'm just so surprised that things haven't progressed faster in intra articular injectables so that prevention is more of a goal. There should be s way of halting the progress if OA is caught early enough. Mine may not be advanced but it will soon be.  I am trying to find a wayto avoid THR as anyone would be having gone through that surgery once. OA can be brought on on by a virus hereditary and any number of reasons and it seems to have too low a profile in preventative medicine. Diabetes seems to be flavor of the month in terms of prevention yet OA must be as prevalent costly and more debilitating
    • Posted

There is a lot of research out there on the food grade H202 for killing off so many parasites etc and cancers etc.....big pharma does not want us to know these....   I've done the H202 and it needs a high dilution so one needs to do how to work with this food grade 35% H202...

I was adding a drop to my morning 8oz MSM drink for a week, then adding 2 drops the 2nd week, and 3 drops the 3rd week, etc....all these drops in 8 oz distilled or clean spring water....

I may start that again tomorrow as I still have a bottle of 35% grade in my refrig....I pour it into a 1 oz dropper  bottle and use it that way....I met a man a long time ago who swore by this therapy.   Handle with care the 35% grade as it's very potent.....  J

Interesting note, I was at my chiro yesterday and there is a acupuncturist in that office and one of her patients was leaving and we started talking, she was a french lady and said even though her son is an anestologist, this woman is very much into alternative healing.   Hearing her was refreshing....

• Posted

Good morning Joy,

What with your past issues I certainly hope this works for you.  Now the trick is to find someone with the skill and knowledge that can  help you with this treatment....best of luck and will be thinking of you Joy,

Patricia from toronto

• Posted

how exciting joy!

i'm really pleased for you. all your explorations are reaping a reward. this sounds like a very realistic prospect.

i love ozone therapy for so many things...particularly treating swimming pools instead of chlorine and even for treating damp and mold in cupboards...often necessary to get to the root cause of autoimmunity.

Just don't breathe in the ozone gas...if treating cupboards the room has to be sealed. I guess one switches off the electric supply to stop operation via the fuseboard...and opens windows (left closed but unlocked) to clear the fumes from the outside. anyway this may be irrelevant to your consideration but thats what I know about ozone...oh and the hole in the layer between us and outer space!! Biggest around New Zealand I gather.

I appreciate how concerned you are to avoid surgery. This does sound realistic. Any other prospects for consideration?

Very excited for you Joy!

• Posted

Hi all, we have a YMCA swimming pool in our city that is ozone treated, so there are many positive benefits to ozone and HOPE it works for this knee.....I keep dragging my feet to do it for "fear" it will not work and it's costly.....but the above comments from Malaysia are more encouraging....

So maybe before the new year or soon after, I still feel good some days and after walking longer I get achy and weary.....but I HOPE I'm on the right track....thanks again.   joy

I went thru two complete sessions of the HA injections, and Medicare paid for most and I  had some copays, they bill Medicare a lot of money, but they didn't work for me......

There are HA supplements and I've done low and high doses and didn't do much if any.....maybe being on them much longer could help but don't know.....

For now I continue with glucosaime sulfate, ligament supplement and primrose oil and omega 3's for sure.....and topicals and knee support...I manage but only think with age things will not turn around, but closer to the prolozone....        Joy

• Posted

oh darn, I just posted a nice long reply and it didn't post....I'll try again later....darn darn darn.    j
    • Posted

That would be so great - ozone treated swimming pool.  Would that illiminate bacteria sufficiently for LS people to swim in, I wonder?

Would swimming in water treated that way help for your knees?

I'm taking Omega 3 for the longest time, but wouldn't be able to tell whether it makes a difference or not.  

• Posted

Definitely ozonated water is ok for LS patients to swim in. Its the chlorinated water we need to avoid because of the irritation and because of the haloid replacement ...though uping iodine levels can detox those of us without hashismotos of chlorine, fluorides and bromines...to some extent...but better not to encounter them...hence ozonated pools are best.
    • Posted

Thanks Marey, now I have to find a pool with ozonated water.  Won't be easy, I think, but one never knows.
    • Posted

YES KEEP LOOKING!

i found one nearby...was very surprised! now got to treat my hairy legs....and go go go !!

check out hotels and private health clubs as well as actual swimming pools. good luck...keep us posted!! hope you can find something near you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.