Worried

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my op 8 weeks ago and had an infection 4 weeks post op which I was treated with an antibiotic and all seemed fine and the symptoms cleared up. The GP did a swab test and I've just had a letter to say they want me to make an appointment to discuss the results. Unable to get an appointment until 3rd May and my mind is doing overtime worrying what they have found !

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you need to Rosie tell them you are going to contact your local MP if they dont help you! It may sound a bit drastic but I do it because MP's need to know the awful state of our NHS....Good luck x
    • Posted

Hi Eve

I called them and said I'm not happy to wait til the 3rd so now I have a telephone appointment tomorrow X thank you xxx

• Posted

Hi rosiepix,

Glad to hear that you have a telephone appt.. hopefully will all get sorted now.

Eve is right about going to local MP, at least once you have recovered properly. NHS/GP coordination will not improve unless people point out their shortcomings!

Phyl xx

• Posted

Oh thats good.....Its come to something when you have to threaten doctors receptionists in order to speak to a doctor!.....I am lucky cos they are lovely here but if I have a problem then I phone my local mp and speak to his p.a. Poor woman, I must drive her nuts...but its important for them to know what is happening to the NHS.....In my mums day,you paid half a crown and the doctor came out all hours! Good luck xx
  • Posted

Just read you have a telephone appointment. Brilliant xx
    • Posted

Thank you X if it wasn't for your advice I would have just waited and worried xx
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, my surgery wont giv rsults out and if its important enough to send you letter o would just go down to surgery and ask if any available doctor could discuss results with you. Like matron says be assertive. Harder for them to refuse you if face to face. Good luck and try not to worry xx
    • Posted

Thanks Tilley I now have a telephone appointment tomorrow X fingers crossed its just to make sure the infection has cleared up xxx
  • Posted

It gets better and better! Had the call from the GP about the swab I had taken. Not got the results because there was a technical issue apparently . This was now about 3 weeks ago. When I asked what sort of technical issue I was told it was probably the wrong type of swab taken or something. I'm convinced they have lost it as that has happened before. As I'm ok now no need to repeat apparently! Happy I am not 😡
    • Posted

Seems par for the course matron! Have you ever heard of the wrong type of swab being taken? X
    • Posted

That's what I thought! They are trying to pull the wool over my eyes! He said nothing for you to worry about. Of course not because if I did I may actually put in a complaint. They have been useless from start to finish x
    • Posted

Rosiepix you have had a rubbish service from the NHS. I think you have every right to complain x
    • Posted

I may well do, doubt it will get me anywhere though. I haven't kept dates or anything though x
    • Posted

Well it's worth bringing it to their attention 
    • Posted

Yes I may e mail the practice manager x
    • Posted

Oh Rosiepix,

You couldn't make this stuff up, really awful. My hubby twice in the past had xrays and tests done at local hospital and both times the results went missing.

Don't understand how things go missing so easily, or how they can do wrong tests!

He had literally never been to doc or hospital before that, so you would think they would have taken things more seriously and been careful! They were confused at not being able to find a file on him at the hospital.

I think when they broke up the old system and restructured to include contracting work out to private sector they somehow failed to get some of the areas of administration co-ordinated properly.

He gave up and never pursued things, I just hope that nothing serious has been missed, his grand father had prostate cancer and his father and brother both had bowel cancer, on the other side his grandfather and uncle had leukemia and his mother had a very aggressive cancer, she died within 7 weeks of diagnosis.

He currently has moles on his back which I'm sure have changed (he is also a window cleaner, often out in sun, although uses hat and sun creams), but he refuses to go get them checked, has lost faith in their administration service.

It's such a shame our NHS was world renowned, but is now really sadly experiencing difficulty keeping up with the ever growing population. As matron said though it's really not good enough!

Do hope you are keeping well despite their failings, look after yourself.

Phyl xx💖

• Posted

Thank you Phyllis X I'm just glad I didn't have my op at the local hospital it doesn't exactly inspire you to have faith in them does it? Your poor hubby but I know how he feels, you put yourself through all that and then they manage to muck up big time, do you do think what's the point! I hope he is well and as you say not missed anything important.

I was considering keeping my GP as I seemed to have gotten the right treatment at long last but now they've mucked up with my test I shan't be staying with them. I wasn't even offered to go in and have another swab done!

I'm well in spite of the NHS and hope you are too lovely xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.