Worried

Posted , 8 users are following.

Constantly depressed college graduate in a job search as I lost my last one due to drinking. I went to a detox center and was sober for 2 weeks I am currently back to drinking as it started Friday. Part of my reason is I have nothing to do and can't handle my stress. I am seeking therapy currently. I was always so popular and a star athlete in college now I'm so scared to leave my house with anxiety and depression it's reallly killing me. I don't want to give up alcohol for good as I'm only 23 but I need to learn to handle myself. I'm so frightened I'm going to have a seizure every day for some reason as I suffer from anxiety. My drinking habit started as relief for my anxiety which it did an excellent job as I would drink every night in college but now it's making me feel hopeless. I don't think I would ever drink if my anxiety and depression but my symptoms are serious and no medication is working I hardly sleep. I'm afraid of wvetything this absolutely sucks

2 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey all , I went to the ER yesterday to get some medications for withdrawal, my BP was really up. I'm now going to a center for drugs 3 times a week and also seeing a therapist about my anxiety. I'm now at around 45 hours of sobriety and feeling a little better thus far.

• Posted

That's the way to go - your on your way up; well done - time to get your life back - Boom smile

• Posted

Today is now day 4 of sober and I feel great other than some urges to drink and the weekend being here but I'll be okay!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.