Worried about blood results

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have enjoyed a drink for a long time I don't smoke or take drugs never I have had bloods taken and panic about results esp as I have kids 17 and 11 well looked after and happy kids in good school and college I worry if it comes back I have a liver problem could my doctor call social services?

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Paula, don't panic, I've had times when doc has taken bloods for various reasons and I've thought what if they show how much I drink and they never have. I'm not an expert like most of us here except we've all got issues with drink and know a lot about that. If you are functioning OK and looking after your kids OK as it seems you are, I'd be surprised if there are major repercussions. If the blood tests do show something it's a chance to do something about it. I wish you all the best.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your nice reply it is cos he said liver test I panic lol yeah It never affected how my kids are or are looked after xx
    • Posted

Monday I think if can't tell me have to wait for doctor to ring me gonna be long weekend x
    • Posted

Poor you, yes, it will be a long weekend, but try not to worry too much, I feel sure that everything will be alright.  But I hope you get some answers to the symptoms that you are having and that they can be treated.  It won't be the alcohol, I will be very surprised if it is.

Keeping you in my thoughts,

Pat xxxx

• Posted

Hello Paula,

We worriers have a heck of a life... worrying !

You are doing a great job of rearing your children.  If they were seeing you badly intoxicated, that would be horrible for them... and you.  

I hope your blood tests have good results.  Try to stay as calm as you can.  I always panic and go to worst case scenario... about blood and other medical tests and investigations.

My liver was damaged by my drinking, over 5 years ago.  It recovered. I was glad that the blood tests etc. gave me a chance to get better.  Unfortunately, I have been drinking again, continuously, for nearly 4 years.  

Your Doctor would have no reason to pass on your medical details... unless your children were at risk... well, that's what seems reasonable to me.

Your drinking is your pleasure... and another worry.

There is no easy answer.  I am sick of trying to stop.

I wish you well.  

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Thank you no my children don't see me like that I never been to stage I pass out etc not at all just enjoy drink when I can. I have some at home when there settled as I don't go out loads cos money goes on them

Thay are happy kids and sell looked after roll on Monday so I know what's up.

Hope you well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.