Worried About Spine Cancer and Bone Cancer?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm going through a bit of a bad time at the moment, and not knowing where to turn. 

I'm 30, female, Hypthyroid (medicated), PCOS, don't drink, never smoked, sedentary lifestyle (work at home) and suffer with anxiety and depression.

Past few weeks, I've had a sore aching left shoulder blade that goes up the side too, and sometimes, I get a tenderness in the ribs below my left shoulder blade. I've seen the doctors, who have said it is muscle related, something to do with the scapula etc.

In the last 5 months, I've had 3 ECG's because I've had such horrendous panic attacks, because I felt like my chest was tight, breathless or short of breath etc. ECG was fine, but my doctor got me an appointment for a 24hr heart monitor. I also had like acid reflux or indigestion for a while, made me feel like my upper chest was tight and full of air, so I belch an awful lot. It eases down now and then. Few months ago, I had a blood test for pancreatitis, that was clear. I've had physical examinations by the doctors too, they have used Oximeters as well, my oxygen levels are usually normal, as is my heart rate.

I was at the doctors 3 times this week, because I've been bursting out crying, panicking and feeling hysterical. They checked me over, 2 days ago, my doctor did another ECG, which was fine again, as was the Oximeter and my lungs and chest he said. Today I went to my doctor again, as yesterday, my right leg went heavy and weak, and I panicked, burst into tears and thought it was Guillain Burres Syndrome.

She examined me today, did that tool thing to your knees where they hit it with a small instrument, my knee went straight forward from the sensation. I also discussed not having periods for 3 months, but had a scan last year which showed PCOS, she said that if it was Ovarian cancer like I was worried about, the scan would have showed something, and women with PCOS have missed periods, and with my extreme high anxiety and stress, is a likely cause too.

Now, though, I'm feeling panicky again, even though I took a Beta Blocker (propranolol 80mg) as was prescribed by my doctor a while back, but took one today because I was really bad.

The leg is better today, but last few days, my left should blade has been aching and very tender, not to touch or anything like, but sometimes it can feel achy when you touch around that area.  It comes and goes, some days I won't get anything, just a bit of cracking or popping in the shoulder blade, other days it can flare up, and be aching and in the back left ribs as well, just feels uncomfortable. That is why I'm panicking about bone and spinal cancer now.

Is my ache in my left shoulder blade and ribs something serious like spinal or bone cancer? This is really scaring me so much. I have such a fear of cancers, so this type of things terrifies me, almost to the point of causing me to go rigid in my spot. 

I feel like I'm going mad!? It's so exhausting constantly thinking about all these things.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have you had a hereditary genetic testing if not I would suggest getting one cause with that it can show if you have the cancer gene for breast and ovarian cancers I had it done and have no cancer gene's on all of them. I was happy but I do have a polyp in my colon and you can still get them regardless it was not removed and I am having a cow over it I did have a colonoscopy last week and Wednesday I see that doctor she is going refer me too see a surgeon too have it removed it's like why didn't she remove it. I am sorry your going threw all that my parents both had cancer and passed away and it has been tough without them. My mother she had breast and pancreatic cancer and I so worried I will have that my dad he had lung cancer and prostate but did over 40 radiation treatments and the cancer was gone. You may not have cancer your in my prayers ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.