Worried about taking hrt

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all I've been having really bad problems with anxiety especially arm and leg aches and pains went to my dr and he has prescribed elleste duet 1mg after reading a lot on the internet I'm a bit scared to start taking it can anyone help

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi mich01

its all down to personal choice, only you can decide on that..

all HRT has risks.. you need to out weigh the risks againts the positives..

I wont take it.. had a natural menopause.. i am age 50..

what you have to think about is.. when taking HRT you are putting back hormonea that naturally want to reduce.. thats natures way..

HRT puts back these hormones so peri symptoms subside, confusing the natural process .. and HRT doesnt suit everyone either .. some it does.. 

however... when HRT is stopped, you will have go deal with peri and menopause again, as the body needs to adjust again..  some women take HRT until they are 60 depending on country and Docs etc.. 

then they start the peri and menopause symptoms again in later life ... the body has to again accept these hormones are being weaned down and stopped in later life..

HRT cant be taken for ever..

.. Doctors dont tell you this.. 

so its down to personal choice..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi mich01 my doc wont give me hrt due to my family history. So I decided to try some herbal supplements instead.  Full strength sage tabs for sweats ive noticed a big difference!  And have recently just started taking  turmeric 10, 000mg and have hardly any  aches and pains especially in my back & arms, hands. I was up to a week ago on 8-10 co-codamol tablets and now only 2 at bed time.  If I feel my back starting to ache I wear my actipatch back support I bought from Boots bit like tens cost £20 wear it at night and it has worked wonders. Hope this advice helps. It has me!
    • Posted

Hi Suz

wow i will have alook at that actipatch, i always got back ache, have extra disk and vertebrae and meno doesnt help it at all..

i too did natural 9-10 years peri.. due to risks etc.. i am 50 now..

Menapol plus x 2 good, B6, B12, Calcium, Magnesium and VitD, 

to name but a few i take 😀

good luck Jay xx

• Posted

Yeh my back plays up big time dont know if its the meno or the fibromyalgia but I sent away for the free trial it lasts a week cost £2 for postage and was well impressed and have just ordered the actipatch belt that is for back pain and Hopefully it will be even better it lasts for 720hrsandcan be swswitched on and off. Gd luck jay.

Take care Susan x

• Posted

Hi Suz

i just looked at them, i use Boots international as they ship to spain..

i dont live in UK..

think I may try one of those in my next order ... get all my Boots UK faves sent out ... 

glad you mentiioned it ... nice one Suz 😀

Jay xx

• Posted

No probs.  Spain!! Lucky you wish I was there with all this damn rain we're getting lol 
    • Posted

Glad to hear that. I've sent for the free sample too. Going to try it on my jaw pain. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Mooma

how are you Mooma

me too just sent for free actipatch sample ... Takes a while 4 - 6 weeks..

but good to try... From USA arent they the samples..

Jay xx

• Posted

Omg Mooma your jaw! Not so gd hope it works could be a bit akward being on your face. I know there is a variety of different actipatchs that you can buy.   Only some Boots shops sell. I ordered mine and then had it delivered to local shop only took 3 days. Take care let me know how you get on

Susan x

• Posted

Had an awful day yesterday pain wise. Such a sore jaw and face😞. Today pain was a bit better but just burst into tears earlier over nothing😥. It's all so horrible. Almost 12 wks now with no period. Yes the actipatch does take a while. I did contact them to ask if I could use it on my jaw and they said yes. I do think it will be a challenge though! Xx
    • Posted

Hi Mooma

i too had tears earlier... Having a blip i am... right old sob... Feel like a nutter .. What can you do .... It has to come out... 😥... Abit cheeses off myself these last coupla days ... Then tears 😢

hope this jaw pain eases mooma you poor thing you have suffered so long with this...

Well at least you can try the actipatch see whats possible .. Pity they didnt do a full body and head version ... Think i would try one right now..

Jay xx 

• Posted

I said those exact words yesterday ' I feel like a nutter'. It just comes out of the blue ans is uncontrollable. Don't always know what I'm crying about either.  I'm trying meditation to help relax the muscles and I'm going to go back to see the physio next week to see if she can help me release the muscles. I did go before and it helped , but if I'm working against hormones who knows? Worth a try. Hope you feel better soon. My sister has been in menopause for a couple of years and she has had these sudden crying outbursts. Guess it takes a long while for things to settle down. She says she feels much better now than she did though, so there is hope for us all. 😉xx
  • Posted

Hi Mich I wrote a message a few days ago, I am 49 and for the last two years my periods stopped and it has been hell for me, depression aching body, completely lost interest in everything in my life and I have always been against hrt especially the tabs made from pregnant mares urine, so for once in my life I'd had enough and even for a few years I started the patch and you know what, it's the best choice I've made, I feel like I've got my old self back again and if I can prolong this for a few years then why not, I was feeling like a dried up old prune now I feel young again, sounds silly I know but I will see what time brings, so far so goo even though it's only been 2 months, the oestrogen back in your body again seems to be what it is craving, in my opinion anyway, when it is time for me to wean myself off, I will do it gradually from half to a quarter, good luck
    • Posted

Hi louise great your feeling btr im like you didnt have a period for two years felt like cr** sweats, body aching all over tired all the time and generally could not be bothered with anything or anyone.  My doc would not test me for the menopause until this march id had enough changed docs and low and behold he did the fsh test and diagnosed  post menopause smile A result at last.  

Forgot to mention I take the wellspring hormone cream also twice daily and like you I feel like normal! again.

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi michits all a bit of a learning curve. Only you can decide what you want to take and do it's your body as long as you understand why the doctor wants you to take it and what the alternatives are ? You must be comfortable with what you take otherwise it will just stress you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.