Worried about taking hrt

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all I've been having really bad problems with anxiety especially arm and leg aches and pains went to my dr and he has prescribed elleste duet 1mg after reading a lot on the internet I'm a bit scared to start taking it can anyone help

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just wanted to say, I have been taking Elleste Duet 1mg for 8 years.  It worked for my really bad hot flushes when nothing else did (I tried herbal - black cohosh, red clover etc).  Decided to try coming off it 18 months ago.. but over 6 months I developed terrible pains in my joints which became worse and worse, until one night I was in tears, trying to stand, it hurt so badly.  My gaenaecologist confirmed that the pain was related to the menopause, and agreed that, for quality of life, in my case I should go back onto the HRT for as long as I felt the need - for life, if necessary.  Within 10 days of being back on Elleste Duet the ;pain had subsided from 8/10 to 2/10, and has improved to 1/10 in the 6 months since I have remained on it.  

I just thought you should hear the other side to the opinion that HRT is of the devil - it's actually an amazing drug, and for me anyway, has given me back my quality of life. 

• Posted

I agree I feel a lot better on duet Elleste, now on for 3 months, night sweats and anxiety have reduced, feeling well like my old self.  49 peri, lighter bleeds on the progesterone.  Couldn't have gone on without it.  So will have my checks of blood pressure etc with my Dr and keep going.  If medical history is ok it's really worthwhile considering ladies!
    • Posted

Hi I've now been back to the dr and he has now given me a patch which I think I will get on better with
    • Posted

Hi micho1

well if you need some assistance with some hormones hun, just try and see what works, we all need help sometimes hun...  Even if its only for the short term......  If you feel its right for you.. Give it a try ... Its all personal choice and may make you feel on top again... Lets hope sweetie..

which patch they have given you..  It is oestrogen ? My gyno said its the oestrogen that depletes the most...  You do right to go through doc and not just use these creams they buy on line ... These can mess you up, but you should be fine, youve done it all the right way and doc monitoring you..

Today i could do with a full body patch 😳 I cant take HRT mich..I had  endometriosis when i was 30 etc etc..

Jay xx

• Posted

It a combined patch I hope it helps been a bit of a mess for 5 months extreme anxiety aching body dr thinks HRT will help with this haven't got hot flushes etc. and sorry to hear that life can be awfull at times but hopefully we all get through are hard times
    • Posted

Hi mich

yes it sure can, but it will get better .. 

Let us know how it goes on the patch, hope it improves things for you..

good luck hun

Jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.