Worried and don't know what to do for the best

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im convinced I have the early stages of Alzheimer's but am terrified of going to be tested .

one reason I am scared is my husband says " he would rather not know " 

i guess this sounds a little selfish on his part but I know he wouldn't handle it very well at all ... 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You should go to a doctor and get a proper diagnosis, regardless of what your husband says. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to symptom identification and the sustainment of your quality of life. Once you consult with your doctor, or if you continue to worry about your symptoms, consider stem cell therapy. It’s really a miracle (a lot of people use the word miracle, but in this case there is supportive scientific research). Many people with Alzheimer’s have used a clinic called Stem Cell of America to help them maintain their cognitive strengths. I hope for the best for you and your husband and am confident you will see this through if its addressed properly!
  • Posted

I recently had some memory testing done which is the first step.  I told my primary care doctor about my grandmother, mother, brother all having Alzheimers and that I thought I was having memory difficulties.  He sent me to a neurologist/psyscologist for testing.  I told him after seeing what my family members went thru that I wanted to know.  But everybody handles these types of situations differently.  Do  what your heart tells you & don't second guess yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.