worried i have a brain tumor

Posted , 42 users are following.

i suffer from anxiety and worrie i have a brain tumor because i have been getting headaches recently does anyone no about if this could be a brain tumor 

4 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

seems like a LOT of people on here can help each other since many of us have some of the same medical and psyciatric issues. How nice to be able to help out
    • Posted

Yeah Lily was really helpful for me and I think I need to stop worrying but being an anxiety sufferer it is so hard to not think the worst
    • Posted

I have the same worry sad .... I have these sharp shooting pains in my head. Not like a regular headache. Totally freaks me out and I'm a huge hypochondriac so I know I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions but it's hard to not think of the worst case scenario sad .... I wish I wasn't such a hypo but at least we aren't alone. I feel a bit better after reading some of the content on this thread

• Posted

Is anyone or are any of you on this forum IN therapy or even interested in going to therapy? It seems that a good many of you have some sort of mental health issue going on from anxiety to worry to depression to feelings and thoughts of suicide and as good as it is to ask others for support on this forum, finding out what is going on is the first step in healing. Since I have not read that anyone is actually IN therapy, it seems that some on here are hoping that someone on here can be a therapist and do therapy and  no one on here is a professional or qualified to treat mental health seeking one who is is what needs to happen. Support is always good to have, but getting IN to get professional help are the steps that should be taken. I don't read anyone is interested in going to therapy or is actually in therapy what I read is most everyone is hoping others on here will do therapy with them and that is not healthy or appropriate at all and could lead to serious problems. I am MORE than happy to be supportive, but that is only a bandaid even out of my own experience with many diagnosis which can happen or even if I just had one diagnosis I am not a professional or qualified to say what  is going on inside one's head nor is anyone else on here, that requires mental health testing and skill from a ilcensed professional that I don't read anyone is seeking or getting help from. I and others can offer their experience with their own mental health diagnosis, like I have with Multiplicity along with some other diagnosis but everyone has their own issues that would be different from mine or others and for them it is different and the treatment is also different for that person. Support is always appropriate but comparisons of others illness to yours in not good  because we all experience a mental health diagnosis differently, yes some symptoms and treatment are the same for some diagnosis but your symptoms and causes are different from others with the same diagnosis
    • Posted

hi i have been refered to a mental health service but it is goin to take them until the 14th of may until they just do a telephone consultation and alot of people dont want therapy because they think that there symptoms are something more serious and dont think it anxiety at all but i no i suffer from anxiety but its still hard not to worrie about things like me with m headaches i have been having recently from the citalopram it feels different from any other headache i have had before 
    • Posted

well ok shelby58188 that is a good start. If a lot of people do not want to go to therapy then they are just hurting themselves and will not get better, period. If it was something serious I think the Drs in the UK would be in serious trouble IF they neglected to take care of anything serious. Mental health disorders can become dangerous to all IF the person does not want to see a professional because people generally have no idea of what is going on with them as I read on these forums everyone is confused about what is going on with them. Many are getting suicidal because they feel something inside is  making them act badly or respond badly and IF they are that OUT of control then something could end up badly, either they will act out and hurt someone or their children or their spouse their friends or family and themselves or they will end up in jail awaiting a court hearing for sentences IF their illness they dont get help for gets out of hand. Medication CAN help for some mental health disorders but for certain just talking to another person that may have some mental health disorders may MISS something in their effort to help and totally screw up the situation and COULD cause someone to take their life and they would not know it if they never heard from that person again. Many on here are suicidal and when someone who is not professional on here says the wrong thing, that may be it and a suicide occurs and there is NO way to know that. There is a LOT of responsiblity EVERYONE takes on themselves when they play therapist under the disguise of support because you do not know what is going on in that persons mind and what that person who is desperate may or will do since that person is too confused to even know what is going on. That is a receipe for danger for both. So while many people do NOT want to go to therapy and are hoping to get helped through this forum support, that is a great diservice to everyone, the one giving support and the person getting support, because if that support is OFF in their knowledge of the mental health disorder they THINK is what that person has and they miss the mark they put that person in danger and themselves in danger of being responsible for that persons life. 
    • Posted

Yeah I get what your saying in my case I am not suicidal and wouldn't take my own life as I am terrified of death as why I always worry that there's something wrong with me sad I hope I get better soon and it's not something serious
    • Posted

ok shelby58188, that's fine, but IF you worry all the time that something is wrong with you, I am thinking you have seen YOUR Dr to put your mind at ease and YOUR therapist to get help with anxiety, but honestly a couple of people on here that I have read are suicidal and have tried to already from what I can understand and if THOSE who are don't get help from a therapist and expect the supporters on here to diagnose and treatment them from this forum, both they and those who do try to treat over this forum are using this form in the wrong way. Good intentions CAN and sometimes DO go wrong and that is something no one wants to have on the conscience 
  • Posted

When I was getting anxious in work I had a real bad head all day it felt like a vice was pulling me down it was the worse feeling in my head I was thinking it was something awful but it was only anxiety, I ended up quitting work.
  • Posted

I also suffer from anxiety and it's pretty bad when it comes to my health. I have been freaking out over a month now about having a brain tumor, previously I went to the doctor over this situation and u told the doctor I was getting really bad headaches Over My Right Eyebrow And I Was Told the headaches were from stress and I said okay well I'm still really nervous about a brain tumor so he game me a nurological exam and shined a light in both of my eyes to compare them....he told me I was fine and there was nothing to worry about. I barely get the headaches anymore but my right eye feel funny like pressure around it and it looks more open than my left eye! All thus might sound silly but it's so real to me and all I do is cry about it someone please give me some advice or opinions
  • Posted

I also suffer from anxiety and it's pretty bad when it comes to my health. I have been freaking out over a month now about having a brain tumor, previously I went to the doctor over this situation and u told the doctor I was getting really bad headaches Over My Right Eyebrow And I Was Told the headaches were from stress and I said okay well I'm still really nervous about a brain tumor so he game me a nurological exam and shined a light in both of my eyes to compare them....he told me I was fine and there was nothing to worry about. I barely get the headaches anymore but my right eye feel funny like pressure around it and it looks more open than my left eye! All thus might sound silly but it's so real to me and all I do is cry about it someone please give me some advice or opinions
    • Posted

I have EXACTLY the same thing above my right eye brow and it kinda feels like it's my vein in my temple. Any luck on finding out what was wrong?
  • Posted

Hi, I have also been having the same fear and having similar symptoms. I am 19 years old and just about to finish up my first year of college. I'm not gonna go into great detail, but my first semester was especially difficult for me (being away from home, not liking the school, and a friend of mine passed away tragically within 2 weeks of me getting to school). 

It wasn't until the end of my first semester, about early December, I began getting pretty much daily headaches (so this has been happening on and off, but more so on than off) for about the past 4 months now. Usually when I'm home for breaks or weekends I barely notice my symptoms at all.) and I sometimes have pressure behind my eyes, mostly my right eye. The pain in my head is mostly on the right side and it's usually in one spot. Most of the time it is more pressure than pain. Also, on and off, my jaw hurts, mostly on the right side. Occasionally I get slight pain/slight numbness in my right arm, but that really doesn't happen that often. I went to my doctor in December and had an eye exam in January and my doctor told me that it is tension and stress. My parents told me the same thing. I have called my parents so many times hysterical crying because I'm so scared that I have a brain tumor or something. I've read that if I did I most likely would have severe neurological symptoms by now, but it still scares me. I don't understand how stress/anxiety can do this to someone. I also have leg twitches mostly at night when I go to sleep. I know that it is much more likely, and probably is, just stress and anxiety, and at times I am able to calm myself down and not worry so much, but it still really scares me. I also have neck pain mostly on the back right side of my neck, and usually when I press on the spot on my neck that hurts the pressure in my head eases up. My parents also told me it could be due to my posture and possible eye strain.

I have not had an MRI because my parents do not think I need it. My doctor recommended an x-ray of my neck and I got it done and it came back normal. Does anyone else think or know that it is just anxiety? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.