worried i have a brain tumor

Posted , 42 users are following.

i suffer from anxiety and worrie i have a brain tumor because i have been getting headaches recently does anyone no about if this could be a brain tumor 

4 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I chatted with Lily and she's awesome! Shelby, I can totally relate to your worries though. I had an awful anxiety episode this past Friday and it's still haunting me..I was cleared of any heart issues, but now I'm terrified I have something going on in my brain. I want an mri, but I doubt any dr will do one on me just for peace of mind. Anxiety is wicked. I have such a fear of dying and this has been an awful couple days.
  • Posted

I've been dealing with the same kind of problems for weeks now. Head pressure, stiffness in neck, feel tired all the time. I worry constantly about my health. I just can't seem to find any relief. I'm always on edge. I'm always checking my pupils, and they always seem okay. I just feel so depressed. I should be relaxing and enjoying my last summer before college, but instead I'm usually inside worrying myself to the point where I wanna go crazy. Can anyone relate?

• Posted

I had those same problems for months. Head pain/pressure, feeling tired, neck pain/stiffness. I was worried sick about it for months. I was convinced I had a brain tumor. I went to the doctor, had an x Ray and blood work done but no mri. Over the past 2 months or so it has gotten considerably better, but the past few weeks I've been getting the head and neck problems a little bit on and off and I'm trying to not worry about it but it's always in the back of my head. I'm a hypochondriac, I'm always worried about my health and I'm only 19. Any mention of brain tumor or cancer just completely makes me scared and freaked out. The x Ray of my neck I had done came back normal and my blood work came back overall good. A few "abnormalities" were found (slightly high cholesterol and triglycerides and my red blood cells and red blood cell distribution width was slightly larger than normal) but my doctor didn't sound concerned, he said overall everything looked fine. I'm trying to be rational and think that if he was concerned about anything he would have said so. I hate worrying like this so I can totally relate to you

• Posted

I've been suffering for last few months now! I sat down one day dozed off and few seconds later woke up in a panic and this attack dos not go away! Since then I have felt like I have a blanket over my head like I am not even here it's strange to explain no one understands me... I lost over a stone in weight and couple weeks, I get bad tension headaches daily breathing tightens I get bad neck pain where my neck meets my head.... My left eye hurts and point in my head hurt. I feel dizzy most days get headrush when I bend down and get up all the time .... I'm a serial worrier and I cannot cope. I look at my children and panic I'll leave them without a dad it's rips me apart..... Doctors say I am suffering with generalised anxiety and the pains are anxiety related... I've had blood tests and all came back fine. He and she did a neurological exam quickly and they said all fine... I am assuming I will have my results back from Mri tomorrow Monday 15th August,, and I'm praying it all comes back ok....... But right now I feel exhausted... I feel I need reassuring it's all ok.... He said if there were anything thing to worry about it would show abnormalities in my blood test... Is this right?????

• Posted

Hi hop you are doing good.. what were the mri results? Hopefully good.. i am due for one in a few days and my anxiety is overwhelming.. i too suffer from panic attacks.. but believe me what you feel is exactly how i feel.. its direalization or brain fog.. it feels like youre going crazy and feels like you wont ever be normal again.. just know youre not alone.. theres many of us who are suffering like this everyday.. personally i am suffering from anxiety.. im hypocondriac.. and panic disorder..
    • Posted

I'm not a doctor so I don't know for sure if that's right but I have heard that sometimes stuff can show up in a blood test and sometimes your eye doctor can detect if something is not right. I have not been for an MRI but I have had blood work and an eye exam and both came back okay

• Posted

Hi Melissa,

How are you? I'm going through exactly the same thing .. Acute Anxiety, Panic disorder and I'm also a hypochondriac!

It all started from tension like headaches which made me want to get eyes tested, I failed the vision field test and Optician requested blood tests to rule out pathology and a CT Scan.

All this has sent me into Acute Anxiety Frantic episodes worrying ab my health.. googling my symptoms, fearing the worst and it's making me more ill!

Since the Opticians have requested further investigation I have been spiralling out of control.

I experienced what seemed a mini stroke the other week but T.I.A Consultant is confident it was a panic attack and I have also been experiencing severe chest pain, convinced I was having a heart attack!

Are you ok now? Wud be great to talk x

• Posted

I can relate 100 percent... sad

• Posted

I have experienced the same symptoms as well as a few more. You mentioned dozing off and shortly after, waking up in a panic. Do you feel sort of breathless when you first wake up from these short little dozes? I too have experienced this and it's horrifying. Apparently panic attacks can actually wake one from their sleep but I am always worried that it's something awful. I hope I can get in soon for an MRI. The wait list is huge where I live sad and its public health care so it takes a million years to be seen unless your symtoms are extreme.

• Posted

Hey shelby58188

Sorry to hear you have anxiety. How you doing now?

As strange as it sounds it's completely normal to be worried about your health.

I find when I worry about something...I take it as a sign that I need to do something to fix it. So you if havn't done so pluck the courage to go get an MRI done (some brain MRI can actually be arranged through your GP depeneding on your practice). If for some silly reason they refuse then change your GP. Your health is important and have the right to receive health care. Hope this helps you smile x

• Posted

Hi i hope your doing well now..i know your post is over a year old but i just came accross it and what you feel is exactly what i feel on a every day basis.. im so hypocondriac .. i am terrified of a brain tumor.. i get these random headaches then i google stuff right away which obiously doesnt help and the headache gets worst.. im constantly worried about having a brain tumor.. my primary dr said she doesnt think i have anything nor did the neurologist she sent me to.. i have sever anxiety and this is killing me.. i am due for an mri in a few days and the thought of finding something out literally depresses me so bad! I just want to knw if you overcame that.. i was put on prozac but discontinued due to thwir horrible side effects.. currently on ativan only as needed
    • Posted

Hi. I actually have overcome the fear for about 2 months this past summer when my symptoms almost completely went away. They are back to a certain extent again and my fear has come back. But it's not as bad as it used to be. I just try to think that if it was serious it probably wouldn't have went away and then come back. I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thank you.. did they ever tell you what it was.. i am currently taking magnesium and b vitamins.. low magnesium can cause tremors anxiety depression and even headaches.. you should look into it.. most of us are low on it but dont know it..
    • Posted

My doctor just told me it's all stress and anxiety related. Never got much further than that. Kind of just have to worth through the fear on my own and based on the tests I have gone for cuz my parents won't take me for an MRI because they say there's nothing wrong with me and it would just be a waste of time and money. Could've been eye strain too (I went for an eye exam and my prescription doubled). I went for a blood test also and the only "abnormalities" were slightly high red blood cell size and red blood cell distribution width but doctor wasn't concerned and I've read that can be caused by a B12 deficiency.

• Posted

I believe if youre old enough you can request an mri on your own.. that will give you more peace of mind and maybe once everything comes back clear all your symptoms will disappear.. thats what im hoping will happen to me.. but i just have to wait it out meanwhile.. also my dr told me anxiety can mimic so many things.. no one will ever understand until they go thru it.. hopefully you feel better soon!
    • Posted

Yeah I probably can (I'm 19) but I'm not really as freaked out as I used to be and it's not super constant and it's not getting worse so I think for now I'm okay. And yes it's true, I've read anxiety can do crazy things to a person and once you believe you have something your body can create all kinds of symptoms. Hopefully soon we all can get past this and live normally again!

• Posted

hello melissa im sorry to hear what you r goin through at this moment in time it took me 2 years to get where i am now i am working and able to go out and do things i couldnt ever do its take time to get over your anxiety first u need to accept these symtoms r anixety and nothing more you will get dips where you feels low but thats normal if your mri is clear dont look for somthing else to worrie about so when your mri comes back clear start fresh and try to forget like try getting a nice hobby something you enjoy doin which u feel good about after doing it weather it be excercsing drawing anything that makes you feel good so you have poistive things in your mind to over weigh the negative hope this helps 
    • Posted

Thanks Shelby.. youre right.. I do think if the MRI comes back clear I will be able to take deep breath and start fresh and just focusing on enjoying my life and making the best out of it instead of wasting it with useless negative thoughts that only put myself under unecessary stress.. Im glad you overcame your anxious thoughts .. I totally related to your post because thats exactly how i feel at this point.. it feels good theres people out there that go thru the same and could understand one another..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.