worried i have a brain tumor

Posted , 42 users are following.

i suffer from anxiety and worrie i have a brain tumor because i have been getting headaches recently does anyone no about if this could be a brain tumorĀ 

4 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Brain Tumour is actually quite rare, although if you are very concerned and anxious talk to your GP He may suggest a scan.

BOB

• Posted

I did request one but was denied the first time.. second time the neurologist requested it & it got approved so I will get it done on friday.. but im very scared of the results.. but knowing theyre rare gives me a little hope nothing will come up

• Posted

Yeah me too, but the weird thing is is that I'm 13. I started worrying about it this year, because I had read up about this and that one cause is the phones. I have an iPhone and I keep it in my room all night but sometimes I fall asleep with it on near my face, and the article I read from said that that is one cause that's what got me scared. So I would appreciate if someone were to help me and tell me how to prevent it now.

• Posted

I even get worried im a 17 year old boy i have anxiety i worry that i might have a tumor i panic i get these wierd feeling in my arms my muscles hurt all i want is help :'(

• Posted

Ive gotten my a blood test everything came back normal idk if tumors have something to do with my blood also i got my new glasses dont know if thats whats giving me headaches i wakd up with headaches but not terrible ones really small ones i had a tension headache before. I get the feelings of heaches on the sides of my head and even the front! Anyone who is a doctor can help remember i have anxiety nd 17 i just got through a panic attack all because of this and i keep getting worried sad

• Posted

I think you're okay. I dealt with very similar issues for months and I was totally convinced I had a brain tumor. But thankfully for the past few months things have gotten a lot better and I don't have the problems I used to anymore. And if you went to the eye doctor and got glasses that should help (I got my prescription updated too) and a lot of the time I've heard eye doctors can detect brain tumors so if you've seen one and they didn't say anything you're probably okay. I know it's hard to deal with, I was really scared and worried for a while but it does get better smile

• Posted

Thanks for the reply i just have eye strain right now cause i got new glasses! I try to calm down and relax aswell helps me abit now

• Posted

Hi jimmy , I have been getting exactly the same problems , I'm convinced I have got a brain tumour , which is making me feel a lot worse I'm sure. I've been suffering with headaches for about a year now , and they don't seem to be getting any better , I wake up with them everyday and get a bit worse through out the day . I have told my doctor about this and they said it's tension / migraine related . But I don't believe them , I have been out in different medication for this .

My muscles hurt all the time , which I worry like crazy about ?

Can anyone help ? I'm going out my mind with worry

• Posted

Did anyone find the results they were looking for I have read everyone's stories and I see a lot of myself in each one. Please let me know hope you're all happy and healthy

• Posted

Hope everyone is well , I'm looking for a lot of help my self . Because I keep getting headaches everyday , I wake up with them , and they don't go away . I'm so scared that I have something like a brain tumour which is proberly not helping how I feel ... I always get lots of pain in my arms , and ache all over .

• Posted

I occasionally get these weird twinges in the top of my head or side of my head. Also, weird pain and pressure above or near my eyebrows... I'm feeling fatigue as well and have muscle twitches every now and then. lately I have been so worried that it may be a brain tumor. I suffer from anxiety as well and it's so hard to differentiate whether or not symptoms are caused by my anxiety or an actual physical ailment sad .... These weird pains throw me into full on panic or super high anxiety... does anyone else get the weird sharp pains on the top of their head or other areas other than above the eyebrows? Gah I wish I could get an MRI tomorrow to just clear my mind but where I live, it takes months to get an MRI. There's huge wait lists sad.

• Posted

Hi I need abit advice I have had like muffling noise in my right ear for some time like a cat purring down my ear ..I have really bad health anxiety and google alt of things iv convinced myself I have some sort of brain tumour I got myself so worried 😢

• Posted

Two weeks ago I started getting a really bad headache, I've been feeling really dizzy and throwing up! When my headache started I felt my forehead really numb I was scared so I told my parents and they took me to the ER, they told me I had a sinus infection I been taking pills they gave me for the infection but I feel like they do not work at all. I'm really scared! I been getting back head pains too and neck pains everyday, and my temples keep throbbing non stop I don't know if it's just stress or if I really have a brain tumor?! I'm only 17!

I sleep with my phone everyday close to my head and I found out they might give you brain tumors is that true??!!

• Posted

Hello! I have the same problem!! I'm terrified that I have a brain tumour and I'm working myself up about it. About a week ago i had a strange feeling in one area of my head. In the left side on the top of my head. Like a dull achey pain. Also I've had Ice Prick headaches for about a week. Pins and needles in my left arm. I've also had head pressure and weirdly pressure on my bridge of my nose also. I'm really working myself up. Headaches are not worse in the morning though. I just feel like I feel a tumour in my head. It feels like there's something in my head. I'm not sure if im overthinking it though. I've also been feeling off balance. I feel like I'm on a ship sometimes. Can't quite get my balance. I'm really really scared. Is it stress and anxiety? Or is ot best to get it checked ASAP? I'm 21 years old.

• Posted

Me too! Tonight I just can't stand it anymore, I'm sobbing like a baby. I'm scared to death of having a brain tumor. It all started 2 weeks ago after I climaxed. I got a horrible headache on the left side of my head that lasted for about 3-4 minutes, it was an explosive burning pain that made me think I'd had a stroke but I recovered without any other symptoms (just a stuffy nose for about 15 minutes.) I realized later that maybe I'd had a cluster headache or trigeminal neuralgia.

But for 4 days I've had this dull feeling on a very specific spot on top of my head (left side), it's always there and it is constant and sometimes it burns. Ii feels as if something was putting pressure on that part of my head. The rest of my head feels normal, but sometimes my left temple and forehead gets achey too. It goes away when I wake up in the morning, but it gets worse at night. It feels as if it were on the bone, almost superficial and it only goes away after I sleep. 

Today I started to feel needles in my left arm and it feels kind of numb (very slightly). It freaked me out so much I panicked. My neck also hurts sometimes. I don't have any other symptoms. I have no nausea, fever, dizziness, ear pain, vision problems, lack of appetite, concentration difficulties, etc. Just this pressure on this spot of my head and this strange feeling on my left arm. I'm worried it's getting worse instead of better. It feels as if I had a tumor inside that part of my head or a swollen vein, it's pretty scary. 

Last month I had a nasty MRSA infection and I'm just recovering from it after taking multiple antibiotics for a month. I thought I had lung cancer (I used to be a smoker for 8 years, but I quit a year ago) or tuberculosis, but my chest X-ray was normal and I don't have chest pain or cough anymore. My sputum culture indicated that I had a staph infection and now this!

I've been suffering from panic attacks, anxiety and depression for 3 years. I've been taking clonazepam, but it makes me feel lifeless and sleepy. I can't enjoy life, but I can't stop taking it because my anxiety gets worse. Sometimes I wonder if there's a way out of this. My mom wants me to have a head cat scan but I don't, because i'm terrified it could be something serious and my dad says I use the computer and the cellphone too much. I think I'll get the cat scan, but I haven't mustered enough courage yet. I just wish I could feel normal again, I'm so tired. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.