Worried I'll leak after anterior repair!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, as most of my lovely friends on this forum will know I have my anterior

Repair on the 18th April. My only symptom is this awful bulge and feeling

In my vagina of walking with a walnut... I have read on this wonderful forum

That some ladies suffer with leakage after the surgery but didn't have it before.

The reason sometimes for this is if the urethra is kinked,it prevents leakage

Before hand. I'm worried because I don't have leakage now could this be the case

for me? Any advice to put my mind at rest would Ber lovely😘.thanks so much to all you

Lovely ladies recovering and those like me waiting to go in for our repairs.good luck

And lots of love. Xxxxxx

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello welshgirl. I would be very very surprised if you had any leakage following your surgery especially as you don't have that problem now. I have to be honest, when I read some ladies had this problem I was really surprised and concerned really because I have never known it and I've worked in gynaecology for a long time. Yes if it's a problem before the surgery there's a risk it won't improve things but it's a small risk. You are seeing an excellent Urogynaecologist, I wouldn't worry.
  • Posted

Hello Welshgirl X no leakage before or after X best of luck lovely 🌹 Xxx
  • Posted

Hello Welshgirl

I didn't have leakage before the op and I had a prolapse like yours for quite a few years.  Its 4 weeks after op now and I do not have leakage so don't worry!!

Good luck xx

• Posted

That's really positive feedback hun.I hope I'm fine and recover well.xx
  • Posted

Hi welshgirl are you preparing for your surgery? Regular pelvic floor exercises, eat healthily, lots of fruit and fresh veg. Take a multi vitamin. Relax ++++++ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.