Worried I'll leak after anterior repair!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, as most of my lovely friends on this forum will know I have my anterior

Repair on the 18th April. My only symptom is this awful bulge and feeling

In my vagina of walking with a walnut... I have read on this wonderful forum

That some ladies suffer with leakage after the surgery but didn't have it before.

The reason sometimes for this is if the urethra is kinked,it prevents leakage

Before hand. I'm worried because I don't have leakage now could this be the case

for me? Any advice to put my mind at rest would Ber lovely😘.thanks so much to all you

Lovely ladies recovering and those like me waiting to go in for our repairs.good luck

And lots of love. Xxxxxx

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi welshgirl, i had anterior repair just over 5 weeks ago , only symptoms what the awful bulge , i didnt leak before op but was told it may happen after op as with a cystocele it can be common for there to be a kink in the urethra so this stops the leak but once repair done and kink no longer there it can cause a leak , thankfully its not been an issue for me.. good luck xx
    • Posted

Yes you must!! You are going to be in such a state when you go into hospital you'll need sedating. Only joking but honestly if you remain positive and stop worrying you will recover much quicker. Research has proved that x
    • Posted

Yes iwil lol, deep down I know iwil be fine.I have the best!!xx
    • Posted

I have s pre op appointment tomorrow matron, are there any questions

I should ask?xx

• Posted

Hello welshgirl hope I'm not too late responding. 

The usual things like how long am I in theatre, pain relief and do they send you home with pain relief and anything for your bowels. What to expect when you get home ie length of recovery, lifting etc. Post op appointment, when will that be. Who do you contact if you are unwell or concerned at home. Bleeding ie is it normal x

• Posted

Thanks matron, no lovely got my app at 1.50 today.I will take my list with me😁xx
    • Posted

Ask about the sexy stockings as well. Can you remember it was discussed a few days ago?
    • Posted

Hahahaha yes matron how can I forget!😂😂😂 I will ask how long I need

To keep the sexy socks on..I'll let you know later today OK.😘😘

• Posted

Hi, welshgirl...I am 68 yrs. old and I am going to have surgery soon, too.  I have a prolapse the size of a grapefruit, however, it goes up and down and front to back.  It is just plain miserable.  When I sit down it feels like a big bubble and then I have to urinate...I am very afraid of surgery because of my age and some spinal problems, but I just can't stand this anymore.  Mine seems to fill up and I will gain eight to ten lbs. on the scales.  My clothes fit me the same but my weight goes up so much the doctor is probably going to think I put on a lot of pounds.  I live in the USA...anyone else have this problem where the things gets hard as a rock, and then soft like jelly, and someitmes it seems like it has gone back in, which is a great feeling...any advice would be appreciated....Good luck, and HUGS.
    • Posted

Hi Carole, I'm sorry you are suffering like this.I don't have any issues

Apart from a lump the size of a large prune at the front of my vag.

That is bad enough I can tell you. I don't have any issues with weight either

But I'm aware it can Halpern. I would speak you your urogynacologist about your

concerns. The peeing issues is a symptom of cystocele . keep in touch lovely. Xx

• Posted

Thank you, Welshgirl...that is the way mine started out, like the size of a prune, but, man, in a year it was the size of a grapefruit, and when I have to have a bowel movement it is terrible...talk about messy...lol...Good luck with yours sweetie...

• Posted

Good luck four tomorrow hu.let us all know how it went.hugs to you.😘😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.