Worried Im going nuts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had this.....

I am suffering with anxiety and OCD but I keep glanceing at things and think bad things I'm not seeing things but my mind is kind of playing trick making things or seeing things out of shapes.....I cant explain it..

Its like being scared of the dark and then you think you seen something in the dark or there something there....I am sending myself nuts..a very over active mind also hypochondriac for mental ilness ...

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Andrew this happened to me. I couldn't stop myself for a while but eventually told myself that this my OCD tricking me not myself tricking me.

You will not see anything as you have OCD not another illness. I also convinced myself it was something more. The thoughts will be instrusive thoughts, which is also a normal yet annoying part of OCD. Please try and stay calm. Talk yourself through each day. Get to the docs aswel and see a therapist. Once you understand more you will accept it and live a better life .

Best of luck xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you so much....just to know someone else has been here...I so fear the worst...
    • Posted

Have you seen a doc Andrew? Also are you on meds xxxxxx
    • Posted

Yes ...I.m on sertraline....

What are you on or what was you on...?

• Posted

30mg Citalopram Andrew. Recently upped to this xxxx

Had CBT aswel which helped greatly xx

• Posted

How does CBT work.. It lovely to talk to someone who knows how I feel ...

Every panic attack feels like the first..

Sorry if I'm off loading...

• Posted

Don't be fast , here to try and help.

CBT is a talking therapy . You will understand to tame the worries and thoughts .

It is such a relief to realise you are normal, just have a bad time at the mo. You will get better xxx

• Posted

Daft lol not fast
    • Posted

I use to be a teacher ..I had to give it up.. I do feel what happens if I go nuts .. I will end up in a mad house..
    • Posted

This is my worry aswel but I'm told if you need to go to the Nut House you wouldn't know about it as you would be crazy. You do not seem crazy , just anxious my friend. Anxiety isn't dangerous it just makes you think it is. Get to the docs and get CBT. Maybe change or increase of meds. Start believing and fighting xx
    • Posted

Thank you.. How long have you had it ...

I feel alone my partner is great but I know it pays its tole ..

• Posted

I had it for about 4 weeks , then decided enough was enough. If you were really seeing things you wouldn't question

it so please stop worrying. It is because you are hyper sensitive to every movement you will see everything at the mo. Even dust particles . This will pass I promise.

I have had anxiety for many years on and off. Also OCD instrusive thoughts xxxxx

• Posted

Yes I use to teach... Now I'm looking to start my own business ..

I loved teaching .. I think I kind of give in to my illness....

I felt I just needed freedom..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.