Worrying Worrying Worrying

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi does anybody keep worrying how they feel most of the time...it seems like the minute I get of bed menopause like there is nothing else to worry about it does your head in...although I get on with things seem to be at the back of your mind.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maria

I'm the same way. It's all I think about 24/7 is how bad I feel. My life sucks going through this. I hate going to work because I feel lousy everyday. I don't make plans because i'm completely health paranoid. I feel like a lousy wife because I lost all of my sex drive and all I do is complain about how horrible I feel. Some days i'm so depressed that death would be a relief!

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

Do you feel like your health anxiety drives the depression and that feeling like death would be a relief? I am a little concerned.

My health anxiety can drive me to the point where I feel like I am dying and since I "know" I am dying from a physical ailment I think "just get this over with. Don't make me suffer."  Is that what is happening for you?

• Posted

Ditto Nancy as I am sitting here crying my eyes out.

Hope you feel better. I pray for us all.

• Posted

Nancy I know how you feel. And it is a terrible way to live.
    • Posted

I get it. At least my hot flashes have stopped. Right now I'm dealing with sore shoulder joints (I worry it's something bad) and anxiety. I went to the doctor Monday for my physical and all my bloodwork and urine workup were within normal range. I am slightly, and I mean slightly anemic. I have my mammogram tomorrow and of course, I'm stressed about that. To make matters worse the new doctor I have refuses to prescribe Xanax or any type of benzodiphines for anxiety. She said they may cause dementia or Alzheimers down the road. I wasn't taking them every day and I was wasn't taking a high dose. But I liked knowing that I had them if I needed them. A sort of security blanket if you will. But she snatched it away. I thought with her being female, she would understand. I'll go back to her for my six month check up in July. But after that I'm finding another doc.

• Posted

It can be a terrible time, worse than any illness ive had. We need to support each other and talk about this. Its life changing, but not in a good way. Wishing my life away to get through it.
  • Posted

Psalm 23....The Lord is our Shepherd....John 14...Let not your heart be troubled...Marcia the Lord is with you...I pray all the time for myself and the ladies here on the forum....God will not fail us...this too shall pass...
  • Posted

Yes, I feel the same way. I can get into the same obsessive thinking Anetta94863 describes.  There are days when my brain fog is so bad I  embarass myself at work. There are days when my health anxiety is so bad that my Rx for anxiety isn't powerful enough and I have to just stay home and melt down. 

Then there are other days when I am able to take an inventory on how much I have accomplished at 50 years old; and I am able to feel more solidarity with my body. And I can think, 'good job so far. I can be patient as we change into the next phase.'

I do wake up most days glad my partner is gone and I am single. I couldn't imagine meeting someone else's needs right now. (He was the flower and I was the gardener in that relationship.  And when I say flower I mean hot house orchid level of maintenance!)  Right now the focus gets to be on me as I manage the day to day, sometimes hour to hour changes.  

• Posted

It's a hard time isnt it? Palpitations, panic attacks, anxiety, health anxiety, digestive problems, joints wearing out, i want my old self back :-(.

• Posted

Maria,

Yes...yes...yes.  It seems this menopause thing takes over your life.  What I worry about is the changes of aging.  And that's really easy to do, when you don't feel happy, energized, strong, interested in things that you once were. (Which even includes sex)  And then there is the lab work that reveals a changed and horrid cholesterol profile, BP changes, weight changes, insulin resistance, and how many other things that in black and white, show how much your body is changing.   And all these things, without doing anything different.  

Not pleasant is it.    

• Posted

No, it's not pleasant! Ive lost my old self. Its horrible!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.